So, Wandavision?

pukunui

Legend
What if fake Vision takes over white Vision’s body so he can live again fully? I suppose that would be a happy ending, and we’re supposedly getting a sad one ...

Still, I don’t think we’re going to see Wanda become an antagonist in the Dr Strange movie. Things don’t seem to be leading towards her going back to being an antagonist again.

Wishbone

Paladin Radmaster
What if fake Vision takes over white Vision’s body so he can live again fully? I suppose that would be a happy ending, and we’re supposedly getting a sad one ...

Still, I don’t think we’re going to see Wanda become an antagonist in the Dr Strange movie. Things don’t seem to be leading towards her going back to being an antagonist again.
My favorite post-episode theory was that Hayward's Vision will be Ultron's consciousness in Vision's body that Vision will need to put down again.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
So, on the one hand this establishes that Agatha is a bad person, at least by the standards of her coven. "I can be good." "No, you can't."

On the other hand, it also establishes that Wanda was indeed responsible for the Hex and everything in it all along - Agatha's had some influence here and there, and her understanding of magic far exceeds Wanda's, but in terms or raw power she's small fry compared to Wanda's industrial-scale talent, and her interference through the series has been mostly directed toward trying to get Wanda to face up to reality. Which leaves both Agatha and Wanda in an interestingly morally-ambiguous position.

Agatha's motivations aren't actually that bad - she recognises Wanda as a serious potential threat to the world around her, and wants to stop her. It's just that her methods are likely to be ruthless - she's already holding Wanda's kids hostage, and isn't averse to murdering people in order to acheive her goals.

Meanwhile Wanda is motivated by a need to hold onto Vision, and seems to have genuinely re-created him as an individual, even if one only able to be sustained within the Hex. But her methods are holding hundreds of people prisoner within their own bodies, and she seems to have been running largely on instinct, with no clear endgame in sight.

I'm still rooting for Wanda in that confrontation, but it's not straightforward.

I was right, its All Wamda's fault : )

Wanda wielding uncontrolled Chaos Magic is a serious threat to the Multiverse and Agatha came to Westview to try and reign in that power. Agatha is ambitious and willing to break the rules to get want she wants, but she only killed people who were attempting to kill her first and she knows the children on the leash are magical constructs. The moral ambiguity of the show and the confrontation is great - and personally I'm Team Agatha!

Oh and the whole mythology of Scarlet Witch being a legendary being was a nice touch - Scarlet Witch is the new Pheonix Force

I'm a bit confused about Vision though since its seems that SWORD (Haywood) still has VISIONS body and Wanda's Vision is a mental construct - though I did notice the yellow energy which might suggest that the Mindstone power/AI is present in Wandas version Vision 2.0.

Last edited:

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
My favorite post-episode theory was that Hayward's Vision will be Ultron's consciousness in Vision's body that Vision will need to put down again.
Hayward seemed to be goading Wanda into jumpstarting Vision. I feel like a purely mercenary rationale for trying to build a new Vision is too simple; I wonder if there's a deeper threat that they feel they need a Vision to combat?

MarkB

Legend
Yeah, it's going to come down to what exactly Hayward's awakened in the absence of Vision's consciousness, and why. Bear in mind that we now know that he knew all along it wasn't the 'real' physical Vision in there, and yet he was still tracking that version as his "primary asset". Even though he's brought Vision's body back online and effectively got his own sentient weapon, he still wants the version of Vision that exists in the Hex.

Wishbone

Paladin Radmaster
Yeah, it's going to come down to what exactly Hayward's awakened in the absence of Vision's consciousness, and why. Bear in mind that we now know that he knew all along it wasn't the 'real' physical Vision in there, and yet he was still tracking that version as his "primary asset". Even though he's brought Vision's body back online and effectively got his own sentient weapon, he still wants the version of Vision that exists in the Hex.
It's funny, I didn't realize until someone pointed it out to me that Hayward would have had no stated reason to expect Wanda to be in Westview, or that she would have made her own Vision construct. When he sent Monica to meet with Jimmy Woo it was to use one of their drones on a missing persons case. Now he could have tracked Wanda to Westview since it looks like she went directly there from SWORD but it seems like he's seizing an opportunity. Might be its a CIA-FBI style jurisdictional thing with the FBI as a pretense for SWORD to operate in the U.S. like the plot of Sicario?

Simply getting another copy of Vision to study also would be a good enough reason to be after the Hex-Vision. That's a free $3 billion dollars of vibranium Wanda just magicked up!

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
It could be that the Hex-Vision has the true Vision AI (yellow glow) and the body at SWORD is empty (Wanda couldnt 'feel' Vision there)

Remove ads