So, Wandavision?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Based on what I’ve seen, it looks interesting. I have only watched some of the peripheral Marvel movies, though - both Guardians of the Galaxy films, Captain Marvel and Black Panther.

Will I be able to enjoy this without having seen all the Avengers movies and such?

Part of the success of the MCU has been that they have been walking that balance, where you can watch most of the film's and shows without context and get what's happening.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I posted upthread what SWORD stands for regarding the MCU: Sentient Weapon Observation Response Division

Weapons, plural, I think. In the comics, it is "World". In any case, those acronyms are among the silliest things in the Marvel Universe.

But, regardless, it is still space-based, and concerned with extraterrestrial threats. So, I expect aliens. With Thanos, they've lifted their eyes to the sky...

Unless you think they've significantly deviated from the comics, and it is supposed to be observing and responding to sentient weapons? When we see it being set up, the only known "sentient weapons" were Ultron and Vision, and both of them were dead. Bit much of a reaction. And being on a space station doesn't make a whole lot of sense if the things you have to respond to are on the ground...

hawkeyefan

Legend
Weapons, plural, I think. In the comics, it is "World". In any case, those acronyms are among the silliest things in the Marvel Universe.

But, regardless, it is still space-based, and concerned with extraterrestrial threats. So, I expect aliens. With Thanos, they've lifted their eyes to the sky...

Unless you think they've significantly deviated from the comics, and it is supposed to be observing and responding to sentient weapons? When we see it being set up, the only known "sentient weapons" were Ultron and Vision, and both of them were dead. Bit much of a reaction. And being on a space station doesn't make a whole lot of sense if the things you have to respond to are on the ground...

I don’t think “sentient weapon” is a designation that needs to be limited to AI beings like Vision and Ultron.

I don’t see how it couldn’t also apply to Wanda. Or pretty much every other Avenger.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I don’t think “sentient weapon” is a designation that needs to be limited to AI beings like Vision and Ultron.

I don’t see how it couldn’t also apply to Wanda. Or pretty much every other Avenger.
That's how I see their use of "weapon"... but then they become pretty much the SHIELD-like version of the Commission on Superhuman Activities - A little more boring than the comic version of SWORD.

Eric V

Hero
That's how I see their use of "weapon"... but then they become pretty much the SHIELD-like version of the Commission on Superhuman Activities - A little more boring than the comic version of SWORD.
Agreed.

However, with the mutant property coming to Disney, perhaps necessary for classic stories in that genre?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter

Obviously, I can't say this is impossible. However, I think it is pretty darned speculative.

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics

wanda is a reality warper weapon is the understatement of a year.

Well considering the post credit scene that had fury in space,it's possible that he was setting up some organization

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow

Unless you think they've significantly deviated from the comics, and it is supposed to be observing and responding to sentient weapons? When we see it being set up, the only known "sentient weapons" were Ultron and Vision, and both of them were dead. Bit much of a reaction. And being on a space station doesn't make a whole lot of sense if the things you have to respond to are on the ground
I’m guessing that with the Multiverse being so promiment in the next stage if the MCU that SWORD will expand its remit from extraterrestial to extradimensional too - Thor and the Bifrost has already blurred the distinction, so no reason not carry it on. If thats the case then the WandaVision situation would be within SWORDS ambit of dimensional disturbance

I’m also hearing rumour (unconfirmed) that Wanda will be a villain of the Multiverse of Madness (which is consistent with the comics)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases