So, Wandavision?

pukunui

Legend
I'm starting to question whether Wanda is still a protagonist or if she's really one of possibly several antagonists. Yes, she is a traumatized person; however, in her grief, she is causing great pain and suffering to a town full of people while at the same time holding her lover hostage. Vision may not be able to exist outside of Wanda's bubble, but he is clearly not fully under her control and is a self-aware being.

Even if there is some other power behind the throne, Wanda is still doing terrible things, both to random strangers and to at least one of hte people she professes to love.

I'm finding it harder to like her the longer the series goes on. Is that how I should be feeling?

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Probably nothing but...

Who is "Ellis"?

The twins aren't allowed past Ellis Avenue and at the 20 minute mark, the camera lingers on the stop sign at the corner, which winds up saying "Stop Ellis."

That shot can't be an accident.
President Ellis is the POTUS in the MCU
,Following the Battle of Sokovia and the Inhuman Outbreak, Ellis authorized the Sokovia Accords and subsequently the formation of the Advanced Threat Containment Unit, the replacement for S.H.I.E.L.D., with a express purpose of containing the Inhuman Threat.

I'm finding it harder to like her the longer the series goes on. Is that how I should be feeling?

Yes you should be feeling this way, Wanda is doing bad things and the heroes are working against her. The set up seems to have at least 3 Antagonist with different agendas working against each other.

I like the subversive approach where former heroes become antagonist and those we expect to be villains are actually the hero. Thats why I'm advocating for Agnes as the local witch, whose trying to protect the town from Wanda. I think Vision is the Mcguffin of the scenario, which removes him from hero status. Of course the obvious heroic team in it are the Trio of Jummy Woo, Moniva Rambeau and Dr Darcy Lewis. They make for a great team and there is a fan push for Jimmy Woo to get his own spin off series as a kind of MCU 'X-FIles' - I'd love to see it.
Jimmy Woo.jpeg

Last edited:

MarkB

Legend
Just remember that mutants do not exist in the MCU, per the rights belonging to Fox for mutants. And though they now own that part of Fox, and can use mutants, they have yet to be introduced into the MCU, so Hayward cannot be targeting mutants specifically. Rather, he seems to have a dislike for, and animosity toward, supers in general. I am wondering if he lost people close to him in Infinity War and this built up in him for 5 years and now he has plans for revenge.
So far, what he's shown is an extreme dislike and intolerance of Wanda herself, and I'm not yet sure whether that's entirely a genuine dislike, or if he's deliberately painting her as a terrorist threat who must be destroyed, because she knows too much about whatever he had SWORD doing with Vision's remains.

Dire Bare

Legend
And yet, even though Agnes had gone as far as it was possible to go, and clearly had no remaining volition to go further, she was still conscious enough to respond to Vision's questioning.
Agnes was just as unresponsive as the others . . . until Vision gave her a "jolt" of his yellow energy. She was then able to talk to him "out of character". When he jolted her again, she returned to being "Agnes" and drove back into the center of town.

MarkB

Legend
Agnes was just as unresponsive as the others . . . until Vision gave her a "jolt" of his yellow energy. She was then able to talk to him "out of character". When he jolted her again, she returned to being "Agnes" and drove back into the center of town.
When Vision tries to talk to one of the other 'frozen' residents she doesn't respond at all. When he first speaks to Agnes she responds, asks the way to the Town Square Scare, and claims to have taken a wrong turn and got lost. It's only then that Vision uses his powers to 'wake' her.

Rune

Once A Fool
Not so. They actually exchange dialogue before he wakes her. That is considerably more responsive than the others. She does appear to be on the verge of crying, though.

Also just noticed, when wakened, she reaches for something just under her throat, very much as if searching for something that isn’t there. Like a brooch.

Last edited:

President Ellis is the POTUS in the MCU

Not at the time of WandaVision. Remember that the MCU is still ahead of real time because of the Snap/Blip. It is currently 2023 in the MCU, so Ellis has been out of office at this point for several years. While exact dates are hard to pin down, he was either President in place of Obama from 2009-2016 or Obama only had one term and was defeated by Ellis in 2012 and Ellis was then President from 2013-2020. Either way, he is out and we do not know who was elected in 2020 and is the MCU President in 2023.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
It seems like ALL of the residents know that they're trapped, they just can't usually talk about it, unless they use innocuous phrases. The neighborhood watch guy asked Wanda if it was okay or if she wanted something different (suggesting he knew that she was "boss"). Others have done this sort of behaviour, Agnes most often.

(I still say she's obviously Agatha Harkness. It might be nothing more than she's a character inspired by aspects of that one, with not much more going on than what we see here, or she could wind up stealing a portion of Wanda's powers and becoming a "witch" herself, who knows?)

It seems like ALL of the residents know that they're trapped, they just can't usually talk about it, unless they use innocuous phrases. The neighborhood watch guy asked Wanda if it was okay or if she wanted something different (suggesting he knew that she was "boss"). Others have done this sort of behaviour, Agnes most often.

That was Herb in that costume and he has seems to be much more aware, like Agnes, so I do not think he is an ordinary resident at all.

Remove ads