So, Wandavision?

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
It felt to me like whoever was previously controlling Agnes is now controlling Quicksilver, given that he’s now the one hanging around keeping an eye on the family in much the same way she was previously.

Perhaps that gave Agnes a chance to try and escape?

One thing’s for sure, this show is setting a high bar for the shows that will follow.
Im not sure that Agnes and nu-Pietro have the same Source/Controller. Agnes has tended to be helpful and protective of the town and the twin children, she’s also shown a healthy deference to Wanda. Pietro on the other hand has been a disruptive element, disturbing the town and children (Wiccan at least) and has been provocative towards Wanda. Their roles seem to be opposite (though perhaps both focussed on the same goal).
Just recalling too that it still hasnt been identified who Jimmy Woos ‘secret witness’ was - maybe Agnes is the witness and she was trying to reach Jimmy while Wanda was distracted by nu-Pietro.

it is a high bar, I’m quietly confiedent that the next few series will do their utmost to keep pace with Wandavision, so 2021 looks like a good year for streaming superheroes

edit: corrected name from Wanda to Agnes

Last edited:

Im not sure that Agnes and nu-Pietro have the same Source/Controller. Agnes has tended to be helpful and protective of the town and the twin children, she’s also shown a healthy deference to Wanda. Pietro on the other hand has been a disruptive element, disturbing the town and children (Wiccan at least) and has been provocative towards Wanda. Their roles seem to be opposite (though perhaps both focussed on the same goal).
Just recalling too that it still hasnt been identified who Jimmy Woos ‘secret witness’ was - maybe Wanda is the witness and she was trying to reach Jimmy while Wanda was distracted by nu-Pietro.

it is a high bar, I’m quietly confiedent that the next few series will do their utmost to keep pace with Wandavision, so 2021 looks like a good year for streaming superheroes

Yeah, for every theory I have there’s always some doubt in my mind or something that doesn’t quite add up. Agnes did seem to show up whenever Wanda or Vision seemed to be getting suspicious that something was going on in earlier episodes.
I agree she seemed more helpful than Pietro who is clearly trouble. But I just feel since the kids were born the focus has shifted...

Like, I have a feeling that Wanda made a deal for this perfect TV life with Vision that might come at the cost of her twins. There seemed to be something pushing her to have them, ‘For the children’ etc. but maybe that was just her subconscious?

As for the upcoming shows I imagine Falcon and the Snowman (as a guy at my office calls it) will have a much bigger audience than WandaVision, and Loki looks like a lot of fun too.

Also I can’t wait to see Dr Darcy show up in the TV reality,

surely...

EA4F29C2-1DBF-4D8A-B667-0D2DFFEAA425.jpeg

Last edited:

I'm not sure if Wanda is evil or has gone dark or she's doing it because she has to or is the least bad option.

If we are to believe what she says to Pietro, she does not know how all of this happened. She just felt a great sadness and emptyness, and felt all alone.

I don't believe Wanda is evil. And I suspect there is more at work here, which may reveal that she isn't entirely to blame for all this.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Just recalling too that it still hasnt been identified who Jimmy Woos ‘secret witness’ was - maybe Wanda is the witness and she was trying to reach Jimmy while Wanda was distracted by nu-Pietro.

Did you mean to write, "maybe Agnes is the witness..."? Because otherwise this doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Dire Bare

Legend
The Stand isn't a horror story.
According to the author, Steven King, it is! It's about what he fears the most, disease. I also found the book pretty terrifying myself when I read it.

When I watched the first few episodes of the recent CBS adaptation, I was probably suffering from, "the book is better" syndrome . . . .

Not everything that is creepy is horror. The Stand is post-apocalyptic dark fantasy.
Can't it be both? I agree it's post-apocalyptic dark fantasy, but I also feel that it's horror. Scared the crap out of me (the book)!

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
According to the author, Steven King, it is!

Everyone gets an opinion. And much of the time he's a fine author. But, that doesn't mean he's particularly good at classifying literature.

To wit: Trolls are scary. Giant spiders are scary. Being caught by orcs under mountains is scary. Corrupted people eating raw fish in underground pools and hissing in the dark are scary. Dragons are scary.

The Hobbit may well have more traditionally scary bits per page than The Stand. However, is not a horror story. There's scary stuff in lots of things that aren't horror, so that can't be the determiner. The Stand doesn't have enough of the other bits that make a thing horror to qualify.

Can't it be both?

I am not the Genre Police. I just have an opinion. To my mind, it simply isn't horror, and I think classifying it as such is misleading, and sets expectations incorrectly. If you aren't an academic, most of the point of genre definition is setting expectations.

Omand

Hero
So, a bit of a thread detour here.

So, earlier in the thread, some viewers thought that comments Monica made about contacting an astrophysicist were a reference to bringing Reed Richards and the Fantastic Four in the MCU.

What if the comments about an astrophysicist were related to an existing character in the MCU. What if Jane Foster or Erik Selvig were being referenced. I think Jane Foster is the more likely reference here. All of the rumours for Thor: Love and Thunder indicate that Jane is taking on the mantle of Thor. With the reveals that the energy in the Hex, or going into and out of the Hex, causes cellular changes in people, perhaps that instigates a change in Jane?

I know that the comic version of the story has her dying of cancer when she takes on the mantle of Thor, but the MCU could be tweaking the story slightly. Or, who knows, perhaps the Hex does cause cancer in some people?

Cheers :)

Remove ads