So, Wandavision?

I understand that's more-or-less what happens in the comic-book line that inspired much of the show, but that doesn't necessarily mean they'll take the same tack here. I'm not sure Disney are going to be keen on essentially killing off a couple of kids - or jettisoning a popular female superhero character.
They won't jettison them. But they could delete them on a temporary basis. We know Wanda is in Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness, possibly as a villain. So WandaVision (which reportedly has a "very sad" ending) ends with Vision dead dead dead, the twins deleted and Wanda memory wiped or imprisoned. Wanda then escapes/regains her memories in Dr Strange 2 and alters reality to bring back the twins, triggering all sorts of bad stuff.

And you have the twins back with an elaborate backstory just in time for Young Avengers.

Tommy and Billy have a little bit of an 'X-men mutant' feel to them in that their powers seem to have activated as they've hit a certain age.
(apart from the aging up in the first place)

Horwath

Legend
So I watched 6 episodes and will watch 7th today.

And it's kind of a mixed bag for me. Mostly as I expected a lot from this series and delivery is OKish.

The sitcom style was nice touch and quirky, but it gets real old real fast.

Maybe I made a mistake of watching it late at night before going to sleep, as I fall asleep during 3 episodes.
maybe because I was tired or maybe because the pace is so dreadfully slow.

I feel that this show is suffering from same thing as ST:picard, a single plot(that is not really that great so it can carry whole season in the first place) that is stretched over too many episodes for it's own good.

episodes 1-3 could have all been in one episode, same as 4-6.

Maybe I will rewatch it all after all episodes come out.
Right now I give it a solid 6/10.

I've been re-watching it from the start before each new episode comes out.
It helps that it comes out on a Friday night in Australia, so I get home from work, start it from the beginning and have the latest episode drop sometime during the previous episodes.

With each previous reveal there was usually a reason to go back through the earlier episodes.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
They won't jettison them. But they could delete them on a temporary basis. We know Wanda is in Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness, possibly as a villain. So WandaVision (which reportedly has a "very sad" ending) ends with Vision dead dead dead, the twins deleted and Wanda memory wiped or imprisoned. Wanda then escapes/regains her memories in Dr Strange 2 and alters reality to bring back the twins, triggering all sorts of bad stuff.

And you have the twins back with an elaborate backstory just in time for Young Avengers.
Yeah, it really depends on what they want to do with Wanda in DS&TMOM. Is she a villain? An antagonist? Is she someone who has worked through her trauma and wants to master her powers? If Vision is actually, finally dead and/or the kids aren't real/alive, then that is just too sad for words and I can see her being a very broken person, but she could also grieve through it in a healthy way after all that. I'm not crazy about the "female character can't handle her powers" trope, so I hope the focus isn't on that.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Sudden realization:

The "It Was Agatha All Along" music is an homage to "The Munsters" theme song.

Yep. And I believe the lead woman's voice in the song is Kathryn Hahn, who plays Agnes/Agatha. In general, the theme music has been exceptional. It has all been written by the same couple, so that while it changes from decade to decade of the sitcom, there's some musical phrases that appear across all of them, giving them a kind of unity.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
Yep. And I believe the lead woman's voice in the song is Kathryn Hahn, who plays Agnes/Agatha. In general, the theme music has been exceptional. It has all been written by the same couple, so that while it changes from decade to decade of the sitcom, there's some musical phrases that appear across all of them, giving them a kind of unity.
...and it's the same couple that did the songs for the Frozen movies. Pretty cool.

23e8a5b6bd873b4ccaae1f3956ab29d9.jpg

Remove ads