So, Wandavision?

Omand

Hero
Yeah. I saw that not as "she literally could not see them". I think if they had wanted us to get that idea, they'd have shown it explicitly.

Wanda knows little or nothing about magic. She thinks she has superpowers. He is just boggled and scared by the whole situation.
I have to agree.

We as the audience cannot see the runes/spells until Agatha reveals them in that scene either. If they were meant to be visible, and therefore something Wanda should have noticed, then we, the audience, should have been able to see them in advance. This would then contrast our knowledge with what Wanda demonstrates on screen.

The fact that we cannot see the spells until they are revealed to Wanda means they are warded/invisible to the naked eye.

I think Agatha's comment is more supposed to be in the line of "if you were a true witch you would have had your true-seeing spell up at all times to identify spells" or perhaps "if you were a true witch you would have known to expect magical wards around a sanctum such as this amd would have been looking for them."

Cheers :)

MarkB

Legend
I have to agree.

We as the audience cannot see the runes/spells until Agatha reveals them in that scene either. If they were meant to be visible, and therefore something Wanda should have noticed, then we, the audience, should have been able to see them in advance. This would then contrast our knowledge with what Wanda demonstrates on screen.

The fact that we cannot see the spells until they are revealed to Wanda means they are warded/invisible to the naked eye.
They weren't invisible, they just weren't in-shot at that moment. We see them clearly when Wanda first enters the basement the previous episode. She even looks up at them.

Omand

Hero
They weren't invisible, they just weren't in-shot at that moment. We see them clearly when Wanda first enters the basement the previous episode. She even looks up at them.
Do we? I blame my faulty aging memory then.

I will have to go back and rewatch.

In that case, ignore what I said.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
View attachment 133473
Did someone say purple?

I didnt watch it all but iirc the Runaways TV show also had magic users channeling the Dark Dimension manifest purple energy.
However SHEILDS Ghost Rider and Howard Stark opened portals to the Dark dimension manifesting orange (though in Ghost Riders case it might have been fire)

The Dark Dimension gives immortality (explaining Agathas long life) but also madness. Its also the realm of Dormammu - so maybe Mephisto and Dormammu have been merged for the purpose of MCU?

so
Space Stone (blue) - standard magic channeling power from Universe
Reality Stone (red) - Chaos magic transforming reality
Power Stone (purple) - Dark Dimension
Mind Stone (yellow) - Visions power source, maybe the Odinforce?
Time Stone (green) - Eye of Agamotto
Soul Stone (orange) - The Ancient One and Dr Strange manifest orange

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter

I thought they came to glow when Agatha spoke about them. How often do you look at dark carvings on walls when you are searching for your missing kids and a witch is assaulting you and tying you up in magical bonds?

Agatha's, "What, nothing?" isn't about Wanda's seeing the runes. It is about Wanda showing no comprehension of them. Agatha at that point is only starting to realize that Wanda's not another witch, and is probing to see what Wanda does or does not know.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
It would be interesting plot-wise if Agatha is more of a neutral mentor in all this, rather than her enemy.
Like a magical "Scared Straight"? :) It could happen. We would need to see that what Agatha's mother and the coven thought was "bad" was "good," or if Agatha has had an attack of conscience in the last 400 years and is seeking redemption.

Like a magical "Scared Straight"? :) It could happen. We would need to see that what Agatha's mother and the coven thought was "bad" was "good," or if Agatha has had an attack of conscience in the last 400 years and is seeking redemption.

Agatha's mother and her coven tried to murder her before she could do bad things. Reminds me of Minority Report. Also, the coven was not at the traditional full size of 13 members. I wonder if that will ever have any more to do with her story?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases