WotC So, when do the announce the July book? Guesses on what it'll be? 🤔

Reynard

Legend
It's a little frustrating that we end up in these same debates in every thread.

I am still hoping for an eventual DMG2 type book but I don't have much confidence it is coming.

Is it possible we will see a non FR adventure in the near term. I feel like Eberron could support any number of big adventures and it is kind of weird it hasn't gotten any support official following the main book (other than AL modules).

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic

I am still hoping for an eventual DMG2 type book but I don't have much confidence it is coming.

Is it possible we will see a non FR adventure in the near term. I feel like Eberron could support any number of big adventures and it is kind of weird it hasn't gotten any support official following the main book (other than AL modules).
Given how infantiaimally small and reserved tashas changes were I'm not sure that I'd hold out much hope there. What would dmg2 consist of? 5e is so stripped down it's hard to find room for bolt on stuff as long as wotc is unwilling to change anything

Parmandur

Book-Friend

We had the DMG 2 & DMG 3, Xanathar's Guide to Everything & Tasha's Cauldron of Everything (also the PHB 2 & PHB 3). Not to mention Guildmasters Guide to Ravnica, Eberron, Theros, Wildemount, and now Ravenloft each had DMG extension modules built in.

We won't see non-FR Adventure books, because that product is designed to be either run as-is or repurposed for parts. FR material fits the needs of the customers who homebrew and also repurpose published material who make up a sizeable chunk of customers, per Chris Perkins. Eberron or Dark Sun, not so much. Not generic enough.

Rikka66

Adventurer
When they said Classic Settings did they mean that or was it a reference to their MtG series instead?

They meant that. Explicitly D&D settings. Though still expect more MtG settings.

I feel like Eberron could support any number of big adventures and it is kind of weird it hasn't gotten any support official following the main book (other than AL modules).

Not really weird. They're willing to go wide on settings, but they are not interested in going deep. Though I'd like to see the adventure books branch out.

hopeless

Adventurer
Could they make a release be related to the new movie?

Would they be willing to produce a new boxed set on that?

Edit: Sorry that would be whenever that's released and not this year!

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
We won't see non-FR Adventure books, because that product is designed to be either run as-is or repurposed for parts. FR material fits the needs of the customers who homebrew and also repurpose published material who make up a sizeable chunk of customers, per Chris Perkins. Eberron or Dark Sun, not so much. Not generic enough.
Greyhawk also serves that purpose quite well, IMHO. Is there indication that GoS was not well received?

hopeless

Adventurer
Maybe another adventure like Ghosts of Saltmarsh?

The Desert of Desolation comes to mind, but the last time that was set in Faerun I think.

Goodman Games is doing a few of those ideally it would need to be a well known one from back then that isn't on Goodman Games list of 5e conversions I suppose.

Maybe a Karameikos version, that was quite popular when it was released as a boxed set not sure about the Gazetteer though?

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Maybe a Karameikos version, that was quite popular when it was released as a boxed set not sure about the Gazetteer though?
Karameikos was published under license for a while, but the rights always belonged (and still do) to Kenzer & Co.

EDIT: This is nonsense. :( Kenzer owns Kalamar. Of course, Karameikos was owned by TSR and now by WotC.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases