D&D General So which 2e adventures are beloved?

Cosigned on this one, absolutely. I ran it back in the day and if I ever get around to running a Ravenloft campaign in 5e, will open with it.

Night of the Walking Dead Louisiana bayou madness and zombie apocalypse themes that kicks off the grand conjunction modules. Fantastic low-level module.

Ruins of Undermountain springs to mind for me. The PCs kept coming back to it again and again, always trying to see how far they could get before retreating. I'm also fond of it because it taught the first power gamer I ever DM'ed for fear, sending him running back to the entrance.

Voadam

Legend
The Ravenloft adventures that didn’t involve PCs being casually killed in scripted encounters at the start and then converted into some sort of monster were often very good. I’m blanking a bit on the names, but the murder mystery with the moor hound was a nice one,
Howls in the Night
the Lord Soth module with the memory mirrors,
When Black Roses Bloom
and the first adventure in the Grand Conjunction series, set in Souragne.
Night of the Walking Dead

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
I didn't run many stock 2e ones... is this one cheating?
1669229546159.png

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Huh.

I hadn't realized this before now, but...
My 1e experience was dominated by playing through the classic 1e modules.
In my 2E experience, I neither ran, nor played, a single published adventure.
Same for 3e - only homebrewed stuff. And I didn't play enough 4e to establish a pattern.
For 5e, I'm back to playing a lot of published content.

Aldarc

Legend
Huh.

I hadn't realized this before now, but...
My 1e experience was dominated by playing through the classic 1e modules.
In my 2E experience, I neither ran, nor played, a single published adventure.
Same for 3e - only homebrewed stuff. And I didn't play enough 4e to establish a pattern.
For 5e, I'm back to playing a lot of published content.
4e had some great adventures once the adventure designers found their stride with the game: e.g., Madness at Gardmore Abbey and Reavers of Harkenwold.

Remove ads