D&D 5E So who is playing 5E?

sgtscott658

First Post
Hi ya-

So who is playing 5E? What campaigns are you using? What adventures are you playing in or DM'ing? What kind of party's are ya running? Are you having Fun? Any house rules you are using?

Me, I am DM'ing a group of 5 individuals on Sunday afternoons. The party consists of two clerics, One a human the other a Hobbit. A human Rogue. a Human Fighter and a Human Wizard. My campaign is set in Greyhawk in the village of Hommlet. I am running Hoard of the Dragon Queen, yes lots of changes I have and will implement for my Greyhawk campaign. As for house rules I do have a couple, Only Humans may be Paladins, Wizards have spell failure automatically if wearing armor. Concentration in NA, you cast the spell move on.

And yes I am having alot fun playing 5E.

Zardnaar

Legend
Running an exploration/colonial type game in a fantasy SE USA type game with coffee, sugar, cotton, pirates etc. I have.

Human War Cleric
Human Great weapon Master
Half Elf Bard
Gnome Diviner
Wood Elf Ranger

The humans are both human variants not the +1 to all stats one. The is a loose plotline about a fallen empire and Tiamats cult which is on the rise again which was responsible for that fallen empire.

Steely Dan

Banned
Banned
Running a sporadic solo 2nd Age Middle-Earth campaign (limited magic, no fireballs, etc) with my nephew (playing a Noldor Paladin); yes, this is looking something like the edition I wanted back in August 2000.

I also plan to start up my Planescape campaign that ran from 2005 to 2010, when it went on hiatus due to us becoming disillusioned with 4th Ed (should never have made the transition...).

If you live in London (UK) and are interested, drop me a PM.

Jack99

Adventurer
Playing 5e. We opted to continue the campaign we started during the playtest. Players just dinged 11th level and are entangled in 3 different plotlines. On one hand, they are helping their homeland repel attacks from various evil races while trying to find out who runs the show behind the curtains. They are also trying to stop a big powerful demon which they released from it's prison by accident (ups) and combatting a secret cabal of undeads which seem to have nefarious plans for the region. Plans that might be unleashing a deadly plague that turns people into undead when they die. Also, the characters will soon die and discover just how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Right now we are having alot of fun, although I am quickly running out of monsters. MM can't come soon enough.

We have decided to hold off with any eventual houserules, until after the first campaign.

exile

First Post
While I would like to give it a try, I am not and will not be playing 5e in the near future. One of the groups with which I games greatly prefers Pathfinder; another greatly prefers 4E; and the last prefers a mix of ggames including The One Ring and Dungeon Crawl Classics.

I would like to be part of the AL, but the local gaming store (which is pretty much all Magic) is not participating. If i am willing to drive 1-2 hours (which I cometimes do on weekends to play PFS), I could possibly find an AL game, but most of these seem to be happening on week nights, and this simply is not compatible with my day (and night) job as a general surgeon. Said job also kept me from making it to DragonCon where I had hoped to try 5E/AL.

So, no, I'm not playig 5E, and I'm a little bitter about it.

My group is converting from Pathfinder over to 5E. We're in the middle of a campaign, but I managed to convince them that the benefits of 5E outweighed the headache of conversion. Didn't take too long reading the basic rules and playing the starter set before they agreed. :p

Plaguescarred

D&D Playtester for WoTC since 2012
I am currently playing in level 1 campaign (halfling rogue, dwarf fighter, human fighter, human wizard and human cleric) that use Hoard of Dragon Queen and running a level 10 campaign (elf ranger, half-elf warlock, half-elf fighter, elf wizard, human monk, human bard, dragonborn paladin) using homebrewed stuff.

Last edited:

Remove ads