D&D 5E So who is playing 5E?

TheSwartz

Explorer
The more I read the available books (PHB, Starter Set, and Monster Manual), the more I'm getting excited. Creating games now for my kids; hope to find a group.

Serendipity

Explorer
Using the D&D basic rules (and as of last weekend, a single copy of the PH) to run two PCs through a version of the Southland setting from the Points of Light book.
Probably just a 6-8 session game, by which time we'll see if we want to continue it or start something else. But right now we're having a wonderful time.

Last edited:

Verys Arkon

First Post
My weekly group consists of players new and old. We did the Playtest when it was active and then went to check out Star Wars Edge of the Empire while WotC worked on it. Started with the LMoP and we just got to Wave Echo Cave after 8 Sessions. We rebuilt PCs once the PH came out.

Having a ton of fun. Some great scenes and RP. One player, who is a self-confessed char-oper and munchkin, has started building characters with the background chapter first! PCs feel stressed - combat is dangerous. We've had a lot of knock downs but no fatalities yet. Keeps excitement and engagement high. Running TotM style for now, but plan on reintroducing some minis for complex set-piece battles. Wave Echo looks dangerous though. A lot of the encounters come out as Deadly if you look at the XP.

The guy who mostly played 2nd edition loves the "feel" of 5e, and I agree.

I was a huge proponent of 4e when it came out (if anyone remembers the pre-release rules compendium), and I do think that edition fixed a lot of the issues that I had with 3e. But 5e has the soul of DnD, while taking the lessons learned from the 4e experiment.

Two Iron-Golem thumbs up.

Verys

Remove ads