D&D 5E Some Fizban's Treasury of Dragons sneak peek previews

Will they have the stat blocks of the earlier Dragon ages or are they just gonna be regulated to the MM and this book is just gonna have the high CR versions/just Ancient/Great Wyrm?
I would be very shocked if it didn't have a whole bunch of lower level CR creatures, including the earlier age categories for dragons...

One of the previews has a picture of an "Adult Moonstone Dragon," and the CR list has an "Ancient Moonstone Dragon." I'm thinking they will be fully detailed by Size Category, like the other True Dragons.

I don't know how I missed the Ancient Moonstone Dragon, so that confirms its not a Template. You notice what IS missing from that list? Ancient Deep Dragon.

So either Ancient Deep Dragon is a lower CR then Ancient White Dragons (unlikely, although Ancient Faerie Dragons would make sense being alot lower CR), it's an accidental omission, Deep Dragons don't have ages, again very unlikely as they've always had them before, or most likely Deep Dragons are a Template like Shadow Dragons are which is hugely interesting change.

I don't know how I missed the Ancient Moonstone Dragon, so that confirms its not a Template. You notice what IS missing from that list? Ancient Deep Dragon.

So either Ancient Deep Dragon is a lower CR then Ancient White Dragons (unlikely, although Ancient Faerie Dragons would make sense being alot lower CR), it's an accidental omission, Deep Dragons don't have ages, again very unlikely as they've always had them before, or most likely Deep Dragons are a Template like Shadow Dragons are which is hugely interesting change.
I'm leaning towards that list being incomplete.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases