• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Song of Ice & Fire Discussion:What do you want in the next 3 books? (SPOILERS)

Alaric_Prympax

First Post
RaceBannon42 said:
From everything I've seen from George, he still hopes to keep it to 6 books, but admits it might be 7.

FWIW I too have heard the same thing. He trying to keep it to 6 books. But with AFfC which has things he didn't plan and still has the same overall story to tell I don't know how it can't be seven books. I'm hoping that it will be seven as long as the current quality of the books are kept up. This is my favorite series now and I look forward to the next one... whenever it will be out.

RaceBannon42

First Post
KenM said:
notice how the page count gets bigger with each book? Wonder how many pages the last book will be. :)

I don't know much about publishing, but Martin has stated several times that a Storm of Swords is just about as big as they can make one book. He wants A Feast for Crows to be about the length of a Clash of Kings, but admits it will likely approach the size of aSoS. Persoanlly I like a long book as long as its high quality. I kinda feel ripped off if I'm done in 300 pages ;)

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
KenM said:
notice how the page count gets bigger with each book? Wonder how many pages the last book will be. :)

As long as it's good, I don't care how long it is. The longer, the better, really; more page count = more time killed with book on Metro or other trips.

Of course, Book 7 could come out in two-three parts, like To Green Angel Tower. :)

Brad

The Human Target

Adventurer
Hopefully AFFC doesnt come out too soon, I need time to reread the first three or I'm going to be lost. And I hope Jaime Lannister gets to live, but tossing kids out of windows might warrant a death sentence in the North.

Cor Azer

First Post
Teflon Billy said:
What would Maege Mormont have to offer in POV? I only suggest Glover becasue he and his force are sitting pretty in a strategically very important local.

As noted by someone else, Galbert Glvoer and Maege Mormont were the ones sent to hook up with the Crannogmen and retake Moat Cailin.
Also, I've heard that Maege is supposedly going to find Rickon, and use him for her bid at the North.
That potentially gives her something to do (although, I guess there's no specifics there that could prevent a Glover from accomplishing such things either).

Remove ads