• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Song of Ice & Fire Discussion:What do you want in the next 3 books? (SPOILERS)

CrusaderX

First Post
There's a nice little ASOIAF Faq that deals with issues such as Jon's true parents. It's definitely worth checking out, but it does contain alot of spoilers for the series.

Though if you don't want spoilers, you really shouldn't be in this thread in the first place. ;)

ssampier

First Post
cignus_pfaccari said:
I'm 90% sure that Littlefinger will not live to see the end of the series. Heck, I think he might wind up dead in a coup in the Eyrie by the end of book 4. He's bit off more than he could chew, and it's going to cost him, and probably hurt Sansa.

You know, I kind of think Sansa might off Littlefinger.

Brad

Littlefinger is an ambitious little man. Although I wouldn't mind seeing him dead, I like his machinations too much to hope for an early grave.

Sansa is insipid, her head full of clouds and dreams. If Littlefinger does take advantage of her like I think he will, she may have cause to kill him. Succeeding is a different manner entirely, however. ;)

Was Littlefinger the unknown man with a forked beard talking about magics in The Game of Thrones? I can't find the reference, sorry. I'll have to read the book again.

Pants

First Post
ssampier said:
Was Littlefinger the unknown man with a forked beard talking about magics in The Game of Thrones? I can't find the reference, sorry. I'll have to read the book again.
In the scene where Arya gets lost hunting cats? I believe those two are Varys and Illyrio. Although I can't remember where this proven, it's more likely just in the details of that scene.

CrusaderX

First Post
ssampier said:
Sansa is insipid, her head full of clouds and dreams.

I seriously doubt if Martin will keep her this way, though.

See the faq link I posted above. :)

Teflon Billy

Explorer
Cor Azer said:
Interesting list. I couldn't see Bronn getting a PoV chapter... he's too much of a "working for someone else character"... although, I guess it would be an interesting way to show what someone important is doing, by having Bronn at his side.

Bronn has been elevated to "Sir Bronn" for his valor at King's Landing, and is marrying Lollys. He is a fully-fleged landed member of the gentry. Also he his Amoral and Homicidal. I hope he and Tyrion meet up again:)

Cor Azer said:
Glover could be interesting. I never really gave his character much thought, but I figured the region you're guessing he'll cover I think is being covered by Maege Mormont.

What would Maege Mormont have to offer in POV? I only suggest Glover becasue he and his force are sitting pretty in a strategically very important local.

Teflon Billy

Explorer
cignus_pfaccari said:
I'm 90% sure that Littlefinger will not live to see the end of the series. Heck, I think he might wind up dead in a coup in the Eyrie by the end of book 4. He's bit off more than he could chew, and it's going to cost him, and probably hurt Sansa.

Currently (as I understand it) Littlefinger is one of the most powerful Lords in the Seven Kingdoms, he legally has claim to both Harrenhall and it's attendant lands and the vale (with it's unassailable "aerie"). He is also well-thought of in the eyes of the strongest faction currently vying for the crown (Tyrell/Lannister)

cignus_pfaccari said:
You know, I kind of think Sansa might off Littlefinger.

Maybe...though I think she--like her mother--has a freakin' gift for doing the wrong thing. So unless MArtin decideds to start writing her as "somewhat less than reatrded" I doubt she's going to be all that decisive.

Last edited:

Teflon Billy

Explorer
ssampier said:
...Was Littlefinger the unknown man with a forked beard talking about magics in The Game of Thrones? I can't find the reference, sorry. I'll have to read the book again.

Nope, that was Magister Illyrio conversing with Varys the Spider.

AuroraGyps

First Post
ssampier said:
If Littlefinger does take advantage of her like I think he will, she may have cause to kill him. Succeeding is a different manner entirely, however. ;)

Speaking of Sansa, did she see Littlefinger push her aunt to her death? We know the bard did, but it wasn't clear to me if did. She might have been so scared out of her wits, that she wasn't aware, or she was moved out of line of sight.

ssampier

First Post
Teflon Billy said:
Nope, that was Magister Illyrio conversing with Varys the Spider.

Check. Thanks! It was one of those "brain nuggets" that came out at a random time. I haven't read GoT in a long time (since 2001 or so). Time to re-read the series again ;)

AuroraGyps said:
Speaking of Sansa, did she see Littlefinger push her aunt to her death? We know the bard did, but it wasn't clear to me if did. She might have been so scared out of her wits, that she wasn't aware, or she was moved out of line of sight.

Does Sansa know? Interesting point. Sansa is hugging a pillar (pg 913 TB) as she was worrying about her missing shoe. He pushes Lysa (914) and with guards at the door, he picks Sansa up, asks if she hurt and to run to alert the guards. My guess is no. Hopefully she will figure it out sooner or later (and recognize that Littlefinger is out only for himself).

CrusaderX said:
I seriously doubt if Martin will keep her this way, though.

That's good. I like Sansa all right, but I have a difficultly understanding her PoV. I really hope she wises sooner or later. I would prefer a steady progression, rather than a "bam! I get it now" epiphany.

CrusaderX said:
See the faq link I posted above.

I checked it out. Cool site. I only checked on Jon's possible parentage. I had my suspicions but they backed up the claim extensively; more than I would have. :D The other thing was more of a curious "brain nugget" that had me wondering.

I often wonder how many characters Martin can whack in seven book series. :) Hopefully the series won't end with a "happily ever after" type ending.

Banshee16

First Post
AuroraGyps said:
So, I finally read the first three books in this series and I thought they were so great. Tyrion is my favorite character, the books have evil characters that I really hate, and the cliffhanger-like chapters drove me crazy in a good way. ;) I can't wait for the next book, which is delayed until the end of the year, and I can't help but keep wondering what's gonna happen next. Like, where is Arya's wolf? She must still be alive, since Arya keeps "dreaming" about her. And what about Hodor? I can't help but think and hope there might be more to him than just being a simple minded, gentle giant.

1-For Cersei to die....but only after realizing how much of a moron she is.

2-For House Lannister to fall. Jamie I'm not sure of...I used to hate him, but he does have redeeming qualities.

3-For House Frey to be betrayed and destroyed by someone they trusted.

4-Figure out who the guy with the black hands is.

These books are awesome....I read them for the first time last year.

Banshee

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads