• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Song of Ice & Fire Discussion:What do you want in the next 3 books? (SPOILERS)

morbiczer

First Post
Teflon Billy!

Robett Glover isn't holding Moat Caitlin. The Ironmen are holding it. And as far as i know, Robert Glover isn't even near it. The last I remember of him, he was defeted at Duskendale, where Roose Bolton had sent him to weaken the loyal Stark forces. I can't remember if he died there, is a prisoner, is missing in action or something else. The Glover you might think of is Galbart Glover, who was sent with Maege Mormont to the crannogmen to coordinate the attack on Moat Caitlin. I suspect the two of them are safe at Greywater Watch. And I don't think they have a great force with them, each of them took only one ship on their trip to the Neck.

nikolai

First Post
AuroraGyps said:
Speaking of Sansa, did she see Littlefinger push her aunt to her death?... She might have been so scared out of her wits, that she wasn't aware, or she was moved out of line of sight.

The incident happens in one of Sansa's Point-of-View chapters. So we can - by definition - be sure that she saw it. If she hadn't, we wouldn't know about it either.

Last edited:

vtaltos

Explorer
Couple theories I have:
The Hound is alive ( at least I hope so..)
and at some point Brann will sit the Iron Throne ( maybe not for long...)

KenM

Banned
Banned
I know that:

AFFC = A Feast for Crows.

and

ADWD = A Dance With Dragons.

bur whats WoW?

My guess War of Westros or something like that. That makes six books, whats the title of the last one?

Thaiger

First Post
RaceBannon42 said:
book 6 is supposed to be titled the winds of winter. I can't recall what the possible 7th book might be called.

If a seventh book is required, the tenative name is A Time for Wolves

KenM

Banned
Banned
Thaiger said:
If a seventh book is required, the tenative name is A Time for Wolves

GRRM said it should go 7 books. Orginally 2 trilogies, but there was so much stuff happening between them, he needed to do another book to tell the story of the transtion. IMO thats why AFFC is taking so long, it was not orginally planned.

Edit: 1500th post. :cool:

Last edited:

RaceBannon42

First Post
KenM said:
GRRM said it should go 7 books. Orginally 2 trilogies, but there was so much stuff happening between them, he needed to do another book to tell the story of the transtion. IMO thats why AFFC is taking so long, it was not orginally planned.

Edit: 1500th post. :cool:

From everything I've seen from George, he still hopes to keep it to 6 books, but admits it might be 7. His partner Paris is convinced it will be 7. I believe he originally planned for it to be a trilogy when he started out writing it, but he quickly found that was not going to work. ;) Personally I don't care how many books it is as long as it keeps moving forward, and does not bog down ala WoT. Frankly nothing gives me such mixed feelings as finishing an outstanding book. I feel the satisfaction of having read a truly outstanding novel, but the regret that I will now need to wait x amount of time to find out what happens next. When talking of a series like aSoIaF, the joy of finishing it will be tempered even more by the sadness of know its over and I don't have the next book to look forward to.

Remove ads