SotD: In the Wilderness (Orsal judging)

fuzzy

First Post
Rika

I guess we have no choice but to see what Garma found. It's better if we find the dragon than if it finds us. Lets go.
Rika finishes putting her stuff together. She slings he pack over her shoulder with only one strap on and waits for Quarion and Garma to lead the way.

Knight Otu

First Post
Tracking back to where Garma had his encounter, the group finds a large number of tracks. Many of them are kobold tracks, of that you are sure. The actual number is hard to tell, but you suspect it is at least 15. In the center are a different set of tracks - large, five-clawed tracks of a lizard-like creature, partially destroyed by a waving motion - possibly a tail. The ... procession appears to lead towards the west.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
"What about the others, those in the village? Perhaps we should bring them along, or at least inform them of our discovery. How far are we from the town? I am loathe to split up again, but perhaps a messenger should run back while the rest of us follow this trail?"

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Veras-Re nods, agreeing with Quarion's words. He is not sure if he would make a swift messenger, given his short strides. Certainly, the village would not welcome someone such as he in their town.

He peers at the tracks. "How big is this 'Dragon'?" The Dwarf's harsh voice drops to a whisper. "Can any of you tell?"

fuzzy

First Post
Rika

OOC: I'll be out of town until Monday or Tuesday. I don't know if i'll be able to access the net, so NPC Rika as needed.

Can anyone tell if the bigger prints are from a four-legged or two-legged creature?

Knight Otu

First Post
You are about a day worth of travel away from Grenton at this point. The tracks appear to be that of a four-legged creature, propably 6 feet or longer.

Quarion:
[sblock]You know that there are animals that might fit the descriptions you heard, though they live in warmer climates.[/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Stooping to see the tracks better, Quarion states matter-of-factly, "These tracks may not be our dragon, actually. If the foul beast is attempting to keep itself unknown, would it not simply take the form of a more innocuous creature, such as a kobold? I have heard of creatures that leave tracks similar to these, though not in this climate. The kobolds could be using the creature as a beast of burden or even an exotic mount for a leader... Though it may be that I am simply overanalyzing what we have found and it is, in fact, our dragon."

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Veras-Re sounds his characteristic grunt, his usual thinking noise. "Hmmph. The kobold tracks are enough. The vermins' stronghold may lie at the end of this"

The Dwarf shifts his weight upon his walking stick, driving it into the earth. "Let us follow with caution and stealth" Veras-Re's low, grinding voice is less than authoritative and grating to the Elves' ears, though its content is worth far more. He turns to Quarion and the rest of the party with his suggestion. His milky-white eyes and hideous features are thankfully shaded by his cowl. Not so his pale, warty beak-like nose.

Remove ads