Space 1889

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Hmmm. I don't know that I'm looking for something where the characters travel around to different planets, I'm more looking for Victorian technology. Blimps, not spaceships.

These aren't like modern rockets - they're more like... blimps or sailing vessels between worlds. If I recall correctly, "space" isn't even a vacuum in the setting.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
These aren't like modern rockets - they're more like... blimps or sailing vessels between worlds. If I recall correctly, "space" isn't even a vacuum in the setting.

Well of course space isn't a vacuum! It's filled with the lumineferous ether. That's the entire principle that makes the Edison Ether Propeller work. It's simple Science!

Such Ether Propeller's are of course powered by steam boilers that are in turn powered by a lens that is able to capture the rays of the sun and focus them on the boiler. Which is why space travel is only possible among the inner planets as of now, since beyond the asteroid belt the sun's rays are too diffuse to focus in this manner. But I have faith in Science that this issue will soon be resolved by the amazing technology that is currently under development!

Stormonu

Legend

In the game, the Germans actually use blimps to get around on Venus, due the problem with liftwood rot...

Henry

Autoexreginated
More seriously, I have my eyes peeled for reports on this for Gencon. Does ANYONE know if Clint, Shane, or anyone else have let anything slip? For God's sake, Gencon is less than two weeks away, and I wanna know if I need to start raiding my FLGS.

madwabbit

First Post
Henry; said:
More seriously, I have my eyes peeled for reports on this for Gencon. Does ANYONE know if Clint, Shane, or anyone else have let anything slip? For God's sake, Gencon is less than two weeks away, and I wanna know if I need to start raiding my FLGS.
Everything I've heard is that it is on track for release and sale at GenCon, and in stores shortly thereafter.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Everything I've heard is that it is on track for release and sale at GenCon, and in stores shortly thereafter.

The irony is that I may be so busy running Savage Worlds Space 1889 games that I won't have time to get to the dealer hall to get one of the books before it is sold out.

It's like ten thousand spoons!!

madwabbit

First Post
Rel; said:
The irony is that I may be so busy running Savage Worlds Space 1889 games that I won't have time to get to the dealer hall to get one of the books before it is sold out.

It's like ten thousand spoons!!
True. Maybe Bretbo would be able to pick up a copy for you. I'll check with him.

Remove ads