Special Conversion Thread: Aboleths

bykov

First Post
I think so, but let's wait for bykov to chime in.

ding dong.... ;-) I know, a very sad chime indeed.

Based on these builds, the only thing that really screams at me is Body Adjustment as an At-Will ability. I would drop it to 3 times/day (as with heal in the non-psi build), otherwise, this thing would manifest Schism and then be able to take an action then heal up to 13d12 hp every round.

Also, Telepathic Overmind seems very weak for a creature, by the Dragon #131 write-up, that could communicate at a range of 10,000 miles with any of its Ruler Aboleth. Unless the 5 miles, was a typo?

Otherwise, this thing is sick and wrong.....just as it should be. I whole heartedly agree with using Sorcerer over Wizard levels.

I really hope to wrap up my aboleth builds by the end of the year, I really look forward to everyones input in the Homebrews section. I hope our interests overlap again, as the insight I received contributing to this thread was invaluable.

Happy Holidays!
Bykov.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Based on these builds, the only thing that really screams at me is Body Adjustment as an At-Will ability. I would drop it to 3 times/day (as with heal in the non-psi build), otherwise, this thing would manifest Schism and then be able to take an action then heal up to 13d12 hp every round.

An excellent observation! 3/day should be plenty.

Also, Telepathic Overmind seems very weak for a creature, by the Dragon #131 write-up, that could communicate at a range of 10,000 miles with any of its Ruler Aboleth. Unless the 5 miles, was a typo?

Good catch. I think we overlooked updating it for the grand aboleth. Rather than limit the range to 10,000 miles, how about we just simplify it to "anywhere on the same plane"?

I really hope to wrap up my aboleth builds by the end of the year, I really look forward to everyones input in the Homebrews section. I hope our interests overlap again, as the insight I received contributing to this thread was invaluable.

Your input was invaluable here as well. :cool:

Happy Holidays!
Bykov.

And to you!

Remove ads