• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Special Conversion Thread: Moldvay's Undead

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Do we just need the spells known, then, along with org and treasure? I can go ahead and suggest standard treasure.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Agreed to Standard treasure.

Silkies, in human form, may cast the following spells: Friends, Mending, Unseen Servant, Read Magic, Forget, Fools Gold, Gust of Wind, and Lightning Bolt. All spells are cast as a sixth-level Magic-User.

Typical Spells Known
0---daze, detect magic, mending, read magic, 3 more
1st---charm person, unseen servant, 2 more
2nd---daze monster, gust of wind
3rd---lightning bolt

Cleon

Legend
I like that well enough!

Updated working draft with spells and treasure.

We've still got Organization and Level Adjustment to agree on.

There's mention of families sometimes living in sea caves, so I'd include a "family" organization. I'd also include a "band" organisation like the SRD Elf has. Something like this:

Organization: Solitary, shore party (2-8 and one leader of 1st-4th level), pack (2-8 plus 2-12 seals and one leader of 1st-4th level), family (5-10 plus 2-12 seals and 20% noncombatant young and 1-2 leaders of 1st-4th level and 0-1 subchiefs of 3rd-5th level) or band (10-40 plus 10-60 seals plus 20% noncombatants and 1 leader of 1st-4th level per 10 adults and 1-3 subchiefs of 3rd-5th level and 1 chief of 5th-7th level)

For LA, I'm thinking somewhere around +3 or +4.

Cleon

Legend
Org looks good, and I prefer +4 LA.

Updated working draft with Org and LA.

I halved the number of seals in a band to 5-30, since 10-60 seemed too many. Originally I set the seal/silkie ratio to the same as the smaller "packs", but after reflection those groups are likely going on fishing exhibitions so would take more seals with them.

Is it time to remove the question marks from "Challenge Rating: 6", "Alignment: Usually chaotic, often good" and "Advancement: By character class"?

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Yes, it is. And I think you should do the honors on writing flavor, tactics, etc. And Shade should homebrew these up. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads