D&D (2024) Species Playtest Summary and discussion - Cleric pack

WotC generally seems shy about mundane abilities when they could instead use spells.
Put it in the feedback! If enough of us say this, simply and clearly, they may listen.

I agree. It's an odd thing to complain about though. There are so many that "abilities" that walk the fine line between innate and magic. And I do understand many don't view those terms as opposite, and they would be right. But they are opposite at times, which makes the topic murkier.

We live in a world with nukes and volcanoes and ebola and people are still afraid of harmless bugs. You might be that person in the crowd who shouts down the divine emissary with "What are you gawking at, so she made a little earthquake big deal!" but extrapolating that to everyone is a bit absurd.
I see your point, just disagree. Thaumaturgy is so lame compared to other choices. Letting you do those efffects as a free action would be decent. It's the chanting and action that utterly kills it for me.

Incenjucar

Legend
I see your point, just disagree. Thaumaturgy is so lame compared to other choices. Letting you do those efffects as a free action would be decent. It's the chanting and action that utterly kills it for me.
You have the ability to choose other cantrips.

Remove ads