• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Specific person issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo R Cwithin

I cast "Baconstorm!"
The problem with putting people on your ignore list is that you have to read some posts you don't like to determine who goes on it.
Naw, the real problem with putting people on your ignore list is that it doesn't involve clocking them over the head then binding and gagging them.

'Tis far too civilized solution for a far too barbaric int3rwebz.

Dice4Hire

First Post
The problem with putting people on your ignore list is that you have to read some posts you don't like to determine who goes on it. An easier way is to just find a thread full of opinions you don't like and ignore everyone in that thread.

...like this one, for example. ;)

Interesting post. I wonder what it said.....

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Naw, the real problem with putting people on your ignore list is that it doesn't involve clocking them over the head then binding and gagging them.

'Tis far too civilized solution for a far too barbaric int3rwebz.

"You must pass some beer around before buying another round for theo r. cwithin." or something like that.

pawsplay

Hero
You are saying, then, that there is no way a person can be intentionally annoying.

People can be intentionally anything. And as you may have observed on occasion, people's intentions do not always match how they come across.

Didn't have a brother or sister when you were growing up? Don't have two or more children now?

Three brothers, two sisters. Five kids.

You are absolving trolls of all responsibility for riling up a message board.

No, I am not. I wonder if, perhaps, it could be considered absolving other people of responsibility, though, if they refuse to acknowledge responsibility for their own emotions.

I have run message boards and mailing lists in the past; my views in this arena are based substantially on experience.

Even viruses and bacteria don't make everyone equally sick.

Bullgrit

And they are not intrinsically... anything. Leave some bubonic plague sitting around long enough, and it just gets eaten by other microorganisms. E. coli is a productive member of society in your intestines; put it in your stomach and bad things happen.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"You must pass some beer around before buying another round for theo r. cwithin." or something like that.

hmmmmm, as I have just sold 15 lbs of copper scrap today, i have bear money- i feel suddenly thirst for 99 bottles of beer!!

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Look at it this way: You can be rid of Specific Person's influence by the simple expedient of putting them on Ignore. Meanwhile Specific Person is burdened by going through every day of their life being them!

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Meanwhile Specific Person is burdened by going through every day of their life being them!
Reminds me of a line from one of my songs:

"Ive got one thing you'll never have, and that's that I'm not you"

Lan-"referring, of course, to Specific Person and not Rel"-efan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads