D&D 5E Spell Cards for Beginners v1

DM Magic

Adventurer
I've finished making spell cards that are meant to be used with my Character Sheet for Beginners. As they are meant for players new to the game, I only did cantrips and level 1. I've included a 1-up version if you'd like to have them professionally printed through a website, like http://www.makeplayingcards.com (which is what I'm going to do), and I've also included a 6-up version for people who want to print and cut them themselves.

To address the first question I'll probably get: Will I do these for the other classes? Yes -- but not right now. I've spent the last few months designing so many things to make my Adventurers League games go smoother that I've barely played any D&D. Maybe after PAX...

Please let me know if you find any errors!

Spell Cards for Beginners

... and for those who missed links to my sheet for beginners, here's the thread: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?574429-A-Character-Sheet-for-Beginners-v2!

Croesus

Adventurer
Nice cards! A couple observations:

Sacred Flame is spelled Scared Flame on the card.

I'd reverse the white on black / black on white color scheme. Maybe just me, but white text on black background just seems like it should be the category/header/whatever, not the spell info. Also, it might be good to change the cards so most of the card is white background, so you don't use up so much ink/toner when printing these. (I'm referring to the card front, which is mostly color.)

DM Magic

Adventurer
Nice cards! A couple observations:

Sacred Flame is spelled Scared Flame on the card.

I'd reverse the white on black / black on white color scheme. Maybe just me, but white text on black background just seems like it should be the category/header/whatever, not the spell info. Also, it might be good to change the cards so most of the card is white background, so you don't use up so much ink/toner when printing these. (I'm referring to the card front, which is mostly color.)

Thanks for the spelling catch! As for color usage, I plan on printing these professionally, so color won't be an issue. But I will release a printer friendly option.

:D

Remove ads