• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spelljammer Spelljammer Academy: Get Free Spelljammer Adventures From D&D Beyond

If you have a D&D Beyond account you can access a promotional Spelljammer supplement for free. Spelljammer Academy is a series of four adventures -- the first, available now, is called Orientation, and will be followed later by Trial by Fire, Realmspace Sortie!, and Behold....H'Catha. Fall in cadets! It's time for your introduction to Wildspace! Spelljammer Academy is a series of four...

If you have a D&D Beyond account you can access a promotional Spelljammer supplement for free. Spelljammer Academy is a series of four adventures -- the first, available now, is called Orientation, and will be followed later by Trial by Fire, Realmspace Sortie!, and Behold....H'Catha.

Fall in cadets! It's time for your introduction to Wildspace! Spelljammer Academy is a series of four adventures that will prepare you for your journeys into space, and it's available to you at no cost with your D&D Beyond account. In the first adventure, you’ll undergo your orientation at the Spelljammer Academy, where you'll learn whether you have what it takes to traverse the deadly expanse of the cosmos. Over time, subsequent adventures in Spelljammer Academy will drop. Unlock one adventure in the series and you'll automatically receive the others upon their release.

5620DC8B-4221-4610-BD36-D650EC2027A9.jpeg

Jer

Legend
Supporter
I wish that too… but realistic they’d never do that. It’s a big reason to buy a book.
I had hoped here in 2022 they would finally realize that people aren't really buying the books because they have exclusive access to the rules.

You can post the rules for free on a website and people will still buy the books.

Bolares

Hero
But an introductory adventure intended to teach you how Spelljammer works should probably teach you how Spelljammer works.
It's not really intended to teach you how spelljammer works. It's basically a teaser, presenting some elements of spelljammer to hype you up to buy the boxed set. This is a marketing tool, the whole point of this adventure is to sell the spelljammer books. At least it's a fun marketing tool, but they'd never put something they can sell in the product for free on the adventure.

darjr

I crit!
I doubt it, because the adventure mentions that some rules (specifically the rules for bashing in to enemy ships) will be in the boxed set.
Yea, the oversight. Do you really think they planned to release a teaser and withhold rules needed to run the teaser? Specifically on purpose?

M_Natas

Hero
It's not really intended to teach you how spelljammer works. It's basically a teaser, presenting some elements of spelljammer to hype you up to buy the boxed set. This is a marketing tool, the whole point of this adventure is to sell the spelljammer books. At least it's a fun marketing tool, but they'd never put something they can sell in the product for free on the adventure.
But now I'm worried about what rules will be in the Boxed set. The thing this adventure did, was now instead of preordering it, I will wait some reviews to see if the rules that I want are in the boxed set there.

Remove ads

Remove ads