Spelljammer Spelljammer Academy: Get Free Spelljammer Adventures From D&D Beyond

If you have a D&D Beyond account you can access a promotional Spelljammer supplement for free. Spelljammer Academy is a series of four adventures -- the first, available now, is called Orientation, and will be followed later by Trial by Fire, Realmspace Sortie!, and Behold....H'Catha. Fall in cadets! It's time for your introduction to Wildspace! Spelljammer Academy is a series of four...

If you have a D&D Beyond account you can access a promotional Spelljammer supplement for free. Spelljammer Academy is a series of four adventures -- the first, available now, is called Orientation, and will be followed later by Trial by Fire, Realmspace Sortie!, and Behold....H'Catha.

Fall in cadets! It's time for your introduction to Wildspace! Spelljammer Academy is a series of four adventures that will prepare you for your journeys into space, and it's available to you at no cost with your D&D Beyond account. In the first adventure, you’ll undergo your orientation at the Spelljammer Academy, where you'll learn whether you have what it takes to traverse the deadly expanse of the cosmos. Over time, subsequent adventures in Spelljammer Academy will drop. Unlock one adventure in the series and you'll automatically receive the others upon their release.

5620DC8B-4221-4610-BD36-D650EC2027A9.jpeg

I would very much imagine that they'll have alternatives on where to start, including other settings as well as a "already in Wildspace" option.

And beyond that, well before it was announced, everyone here was speculating where a Spelljammer adventure would start in the Realms (usually Lantan or Baldur's Gate) as a given, so it's hardly unexpected...

Burnside

Space Jam Confirmed
Supporter
I would very much imagine that they'll have alternatives on where to start, including other settings as well as a "already in Wildspace" option.

And beyond that, well before it was announced, everyone here was speculating where a Spelljammer adventure would start in the Realms (usually Lantan or Baldur's Gate) as a given, so it's hardly unexpected...
The thing is, the free intro adventure already starts in the Realms. I don’t think people anticipated that 5 levels later their characters would be on the Sword Coast.

DragonBelow

Adventurer
The thing is, the free intro adventure already starts in the Realms. I don’t think people anticipated that 5 levels later their characters would be on the Sword Coast.
5th level after two 4 hour sessions? yes please!

I'm starting a Spelljammer campaign and the PCs will begin at 3rd level. My group is very excited. I will not use the provided adventure as is but I might use some encounters.

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
That's the most 5E thing I have ever seen. :(
This response, increases in me the desire to encourage people to play at parking levels. Or to put it another way focus a campaign at a specific level or narrow range of levels.
Reward the players with more options (free feats, interesting magic items). Go wide rather than up and when it become a bit stale rapidly increase another couple of levels and park there for a while. Enjoy the view, tour the scenery and so forth.
Basically stop levelling at a specific point in a tier of play and play that out then advance to another tier, and do the same.

Reynard

Legend
This response, increases in me the desire to encourage people to play at parking levels. Or to put it another way focus a campaign at a specific level or narrow range of levels.
Reward the players with more options (free feats, interesting magic items). Go wide rather than up and when it become a bit stale rapidly increase another couple of levels and park there for a while. Enjoy the view, tour the scenery and so forth.
Basically stop levelling at a specific point in a tier of play and play that out then advance to another tier, and do the same.
I don't mind steady levelling, i just really dislike the initial speed leveling. I almost always start 5E campaigns at 3rd because that is when character creation is done, and then make the players earn all the XP to level 4, which helps. I really dislike the disjointed sense of the world when the fragile 1st level PCs go out into the woods, scared of their own shadows, and find the dungeon only to come back 3 in game days later at 3rd level. It should take longer.

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
I don't mind steady levelling, i just really dislike the initial speed leveling. I almost always start 5E campaigns at 3rd because that is when character creation is done, and then make the players earn all the XP to level 4, which helps. I really dislike the disjointed sense of the world when the fragile 1st level PCs go out into the woods, scared of their own shadows, and find the dungeon only to come back 3 in game days later at 3rd level. It should take longer.
Ignoring the XP tables is a legitimate choice and I think that at the higher levels somewhat necessary. So is starting out at third. There is nothing wrong with levelling slowly. I can certainly see the merit of it.

Remove ads

Remove ads