Spelljammer Spelljammer Academy: Get Free Spelljammer Adventures From D&D Beyond

If you have a D&D Beyond account you can access a promotional Spelljammer supplement for free. Spelljammer Academy is a series of four adventures -- the first, available now, is called Orientation, and will be followed later by Trial by Fire, Realmspace Sortie!, and Behold....H'Catha. Fall in cadets! It's time for your introduction to Wildspace! Spelljammer Academy is a series of four...

If you have a D&D Beyond account you can access a promotional Spelljammer supplement for free. Spelljammer Academy is a series of four adventures -- the first, available now, is called Orientation, and will be followed later by Trial by Fire, Realmspace Sortie!, and Behold....H'Catha.

Fall in cadets! It's time for your introduction to Wildspace! Spelljammer Academy is a series of four adventures that will prepare you for your journeys into space, and it's available to you at no cost with your D&D Beyond account. In the first adventure, you’ll undergo your orientation at the Spelljammer Academy, where you'll learn whether you have what it takes to traverse the deadly expanse of the cosmos. Over time, subsequent adventures in Spelljammer Academy will drop. Unlock one adventure in the series and you'll automatically receive the others upon their release.

5620DC8B-4221-4610-BD36-D650EC2027A9.jpeg

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
I will say this, I'm kinda hoping the Spelljammer: Adventures in Space gives us more options for Spelljammer ship weapons. I mean, I got nothing against Catapaults, Ballistas and all that, but I'm surprised that Cannons were never given to em.

Granted, Ghosts of Saltmarshes 5E, Vast Kiyvia, and Pirates of Pugmire will probably help out with that.
D&D has always been a little scared of cannons, which makes any Age if Sail inspired stuff from them feel really weird.

the adventure in the Spelljammer set will start in Neverwinter.
That's ... really annoying, actually. A Spelljammer adventure should start in some seedy spacers bar on an asteroid settlement somewhere, so you can easily explain a group of a Krynnish tinker gnome, a deserter from the Elven navy, and a plasmoid that spontaneously congealed from the slime in the bilges of a beholder warship all meeting up together and adventure.

Oh well, I suspect that 'level 1-4 adventure starting in Wildspace and leading into Light of Xaryxis from somewhere other than the Forgotten Realms' will be a pretty popular product group showing up on DMsGuild in the next few months.

Dammit, I'm a giant Realms nerd, and even I'm sick of WotC sticking the Sword Coast in everything...

Stormonu

Legend
I’ll probably start mine on the Rock of Braal, to be honest. It’d be easy enough to move the academy there I’ll wager.

”You slowly stir to consciousness at the Tavern of Braal (pronounced “Brawl”). As you peel your face from the wooden table, the drinks are still singing and someone has recently mounted a clown’s head to the wall, sans the rest of its body.”

”You hear a slight snap as a tape measurer shuts. You turn to the sound to see at your side is a small gnome whose hat consists of whirling, churning gears as if he is constantly deep in thought.”

” ‘Good day, chaps,’ “ he states in a tone that needles your ears with its lofty pitch. “ ‘Have I got an opportunity for you -‘ “

overgeeked

B/X Known World
That's ... really annoying, actually. A Spelljammer adventure should start in some seedy spacers bar on an asteroid settlement somewhere, so you can easily explain a group of a Krynnish tinker gnome, a deserter from the Elven navy, and a plasmoid that spontaneously congealed from the slime in the bilges of a beholder warship all meeting up together and adventure.
Exactly. It's Spelljammer. Start in space at least. Or a location explicitly tied to Spelljammer. I dunno, like maybe...
I’ll probably start mine on the Rock of Braal, to be honest. It’d be easy enough to move the academy there I’ll wager.
Exactly. Or Large Luigi and you're at the Laughing Beholder.

So weird they wrote the adventure so you to start on the ground. Especially if it's not even an adventure for 1st-level characters.

Tutara

Adventurer
Exactly. It's Spelljammer. Start in space at least. Or a location explicitly tied to Spelljammer. I dunno, like maybe...
I mean, Adventures in Space and Wildspace specifically began with a section on how to get your groundling characters into space, so from the get-go the assumption was that most parties would start on the ground and then discover a way into the Phlo (or the Astral, as it is now).

Oh well, I suspect that 'level 1-4 adventure starting in Wildspace and leading into Light of Xaryxis from somewhere other than the Forgotten Realms' will be a pretty popular product group showing up on DMsGuild in the next few months.

Dammit, I'm a giant Realms nerd, and even I'm sick of WotC sticking the Sword Coast in everything...
The adventure synopsis says the characters should have fairly little knowledge of spelljamming.

Remove ads

Remove ads