Spelljammer Spelljammer Academy: Get Free Spelljammer Adventures From D&D Beyond

If you have a D&D Beyond account you can access a promotional Spelljammer supplement for free. Spelljammer Academy is a series of four adventures -- the first, available now, is called Orientation, and will be followed later by Trial by Fire, Realmspace Sortie!, and Behold....H'Catha. Fall in cadets! It's time for your introduction to Wildspace! Spelljammer Academy is a series of four...

If you have a D&D Beyond account you can access a promotional Spelljammer supplement for free. Spelljammer Academy is a series of four adventures -- the first, available now, is called Orientation, and will be followed later by Trial by Fire, Realmspace Sortie!, and Behold....H'Catha.

Fall in cadets! It's time for your introduction to Wildspace! Spelljammer Academy is a series of four adventures that will prepare you for your journeys into space, and it's available to you at no cost with your D&D Beyond account. In the first adventure, you’ll undergo your orientation at the Spelljammer Academy, where you'll learn whether you have what it takes to traverse the deadly expanse of the cosmos. Over time, subsequent adventures in Spelljammer Academy will drop. Unlock one adventure in the series and you'll automatically receive the others upon their release.

5620DC8B-4221-4610-BD36-D650EC2027A9.jpeg

pukunui

Legend
did lantan have one? I don't remember the wonder island having one
Lantan just seems like the most likely place for Spelljammers to visit in the Realms. I think Chris Perkins may have mentioned such a connection a while back, when he hinted that Lantan would feature in an upcoming product. (That was from 5 years ago now, though, so it seems likely that they've abandoned the Lantan product.)

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Lantan just seems like the most likely place for Spelljammers to visit in the Realms. I think Chris Perkins may have mentioned such a connection a while back, when he hinted that Lantan would feature in an upcoming product. (That was from 5 years ago now, though, so it seems likely that they've abandoned the Lantan product.)
Yeah, I still wonder what the plan for Lantan was: there was a Lantan connection in the next Adventure, with the Lantanese submarine in Dragon Heist, but it still feels like they meant more than that. They were also hinting at Modrons a lot at the time, maybe there will be a Planewalkers Academey in Lantan for the Planescape product...

pukunui

Legend
No, the places mentioned for Toril that Spelljamming ships frequent are Waterdeep, Calimport, several places in Kara-Tur, and Nimbral. Nimbral is more of a resort than a trading port in the book.
I did a quick Google, and yeah, Chris Perkins talked about spelljamming ships visiting Lantan in a Dragon Talk from around the time of Tomb of Annihilation, when he was saying that Lantan would appear in a future product. Must have had that lodged in the back of my brain.

Stormonu

Legend
No, the places mentioned for Toril that Spelljamming ships frequent are Waterdeep, Calimport, several places in Kara-Tur, and Nimbral. Nimbral is more of a resort than a trading port in the book.
Ah, Kara-Tur's Dragonships. Wonder if they'll get mentioned in the upcoming book.

I think I'm going to have to throw in a Mulhorand pyramid that blasted off into wildspace during the spellplague.

pukunui

Legend
It's also interesting that they refer to Mirt by his old names of "Mirt the Merciless" and "Old Wolf" rather than "Mirt the Moneylender". Also interesting to see that he's no longer one of the Masked Lords of Waterdeep.

It's also interesting that they refer to Mirt by his old names of "Mirt the Merciless" and "Old Wolf" rather than "Mirt the Moneylender". Also interesting to see that he's no longer one of the Masked Lords of Waterdeep.

Considering how the adventure begins, I wouldn't be surprised if Spelljammer Academy turns out to be an illusory dream all along, pulling threads of memory from different dreamers to form a world where familiar faces appear, but not how they are in the waking world.

pukunui

Legend
Considering how the adventure begins, I wouldn't be surprised if Spelljammer Academy turns out to be an illusory dream all along, pulling threads of memory from different dreamers to form a world where familiar faces appear, but not how they are in the waking world.
Maybe? Surely they wouldn't do the whole "it was all just a dream" trope ... Nobody likes that.

Maybe? Surely they wouldn't do the whole "it was all just a dream" trope ... Nobody likes that.

Well, it really depends on how the writer approaches the circumstances of the awakening imo.

Making a journey a dream but not making the events within it meaningless in the aftermath of waking up is possible.

Whether a writer has the ability to make things work after trying so however may be open to a lot of subjective criticism.

Remove ads

Remove ads