Spelljammer Spelljammer Academy: Get Free Spelljammer Adventures From D&D Beyond

If you have a D&D Beyond account you can access a promotional Spelljammer supplement for free. Spelljammer Academy is a series of four adventures -- the first, available now, is called Orientation, and will be followed later by Trial by Fire, Realmspace Sortie!, and Behold....H'Catha. Fall in cadets! It's time for your introduction to Wildspace! Spelljammer Academy is a series of four...

If you have a D&D Beyond account you can access a promotional Spelljammer supplement for free. Spelljammer Academy is a series of four adventures -- the first, available now, is called Orientation, and will be followed later by Trial by Fire, Realmspace Sortie!, and Behold....H'Catha.

Fall in cadets! It's time for your introduction to Wildspace! Spelljammer Academy is a series of four adventures that will prepare you for your journeys into space, and it's available to you at no cost with your D&D Beyond account. In the first adventure, you’ll undergo your orientation at the Spelljammer Academy, where you'll learn whether you have what it takes to traverse the deadly expanse of the cosmos. Over time, subsequent adventures in Spelljammer Academy will drop. Unlock one adventure in the series and you'll automatically receive the others upon their release.

5620DC8B-4221-4610-BD36-D650EC2027A9.jpeg

Jer

Legend
Supporter
Mostly inside a skill challenge. But sometimes they do in other parts of the game. I understand that they "shouldn't", but I'm not gonna keep correcting them when they say "I wanna roll for perception to search the room" every time they do it...
Who says they "shouldn't"? If it works for your table it works for your table. The idea that there's some "approved" way to run a game and we should all strive to attain that as DMs causes people to stress out. And it's just not true - every table is different and every group needs to do what works for them.

Bolares

Hero
Who says they "shouldn't"? If it works for your table it works for your table. The idea that there's some "approved" way to run a game and we should all strive to attain that as DMs causes people to stress out. And it's just not true - every table is different and every group needs to do what works for them.
Well, that's why I wrote "shouldn't" instead of shouldn't. The game says that, but I think it's not really pratical to apply all the time...

CritHitBrit

Villager
I've made some free battle maps for Spelljammer Academy adventure for your personal use - download on the blog here:

I've also playtested the adventure and written up my thoughts and 4 Tips for DMs if you are going to run it in the same article and will update as the new adventures are released.

spelljammer-academy-maps.png

Mostly inside a skill challenge. But sometimes they do in other parts of the game. I understand that they "shouldn't", but I'm not gonna keep correcting them when they say "I wanna roll for perception to search the room" every time they do it...
I always look at it this way... as long as I understand what they are trying to do in game I don't care how they say it

Remove ads

Remove ads