Spiderman 4 and 5....

Aeolius

Adventurer
Marvel has more than enough to do between Captain America, Thor, IronMan II, Antman and The Avengers.

No chance for Brother Voodoo, then? ;)
brothervoodoo.gif

I had heard that Ghost Rider did well enough financially to make a sequel likely. Considering how bad it was (though the graphics were good), I'm hoping that was just a rumour.

And you know who's at least partly to blame for that? Not the writer, not the director, not the producer.

Nic [Censored] Cage. :mad:

There was originally talk of making the Ghost Rider movie a hard R, as--frankly--I believe the subject matter calls for. Who knows what they'd have done with that?

But Nic Cage decided he wanted this to be a movie his kids could see, and to hell with whether that did justice to the source material.

Would having made it an R-rated movie, with darker and more horror elements, have guaranteed it was better? Of course not. But it might have been, and now we'll never know. :rant:

Trickstergod

First Post
Toby McGuire and every other actor has signed up to do two more films, how ever the Warbler (Kirsten Dunst) has yet to make any statement about doing the new films. So, two questions:

Do you even care about Spiderman enough to watch another two Spiderman movies that are not done by Marvel Studios?

Not really, no. Then again, I didn't really care about the Spider-Man movies the first three times around. Decent but ultimately cheesy fares the first couple times around, not even that the third time.

Darth Shoju

First Post
Would having made it an R-rated movie, with darker and more horror elements, have guaranteed it was better? Of course not. But it might have been, and now we'll never know. :rant:

It could have possibly been as good as
b.gif
The Crow or The Prophecy , which wouldn't have been a bad thing at all.

Instead, well we got a movie that we could bring our kids along to share the suffering with. :mad:

(I feel sorry for Sam Elliott most of all. That dude rocks. The idea of him being a former Ghost Rider from the Old West was very cool, and totally squandered.)

Arnwyn

First Post
So, two questions:

Do you even care about Spiderman enough to watch another two Spiderman movies that are not done by Marvel Studios?
Sure. They couldn't even be remotely as bad/unwatchable as X-Men 3, could they?

Who should become the main bad guy of the next movie (besides Joe Quesada)?
I don't know enough (read: virtually anything) about Spiderman to answer.

Felon

First Post
And you know who's at least partly to blame for that? Not the writer, not the director, not the producer.

Nic [Censored] Cage. :mad:

There was originally talk of making the Ghost Rider movie a hard R, as--frankly--I believe the subject matter calls for. Who knows what they'd have done with that?

But Nic Cage decided he wanted this to be a movie his kids could see, and to hell with whether that did justice to the source material.

The "source material"? When was the source material ever all that mature ore even horrifying? It started out as a cheesy 1970's comic book, and like many cheesy 1970's comics (Power Man, Iron Fist, Master of Kung Fu) it was inspired by some flavor-of-the-month pop culture trend (mainly Evel Knievel). It was kid stuff.

The 1990's comic had a dark overtone, like every other comic in the early 90's, and enjoyed a spike in popularity where Ghost Rider guest-starred in basically every Marvel comic published at the time. It was awful, derivative stuff. I remember looking at the Marvel Universe entry for Ghost Rider's enemy Blackout, and his "significant appearances" were basically him murdering a long string of supporting characters. It was grim, mean-spirited, loaded with massacres, but none of that lent itself to any quality source material.

Felon

First Post
That villain would give an opportunity to introduce the Black Panther.

I don't think the Black Panther has any close association with Kraven the Hunter, or Spidey. Not unless there's been some retconning, which is always a possibility.

Kraven would be a good villain if he was working for someone...like the Kingpin!

Then again, I happen to be on the exact opposite page as a lot of folks when it comes to superhero movies: I don't cringe at the thought of having multipe bad guys in one film. I mean, guys like Kraven or Electro or Rhino don't really need the entire movie devoted to them. Instead, I'd like to see Spidey face off against different villains coming at him, kind of like in the Running Man.

But before we get some villains, let's first get a good Spidey--one that can actually pull off the zingers. Tobey Maguire has a very weak voice. Am I the only one who thinks he sounds like a 14-year-old kid going through puberty?

Last edited:

Remove ads