• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spider's Path

ghostcat

First Post
Trinham walks down the path, just managing to keep up with judicious use of his walking stick. Meanwhile he is trying to concentrate on the conversation going on around him. He realises that Lora thrives on the stuff but all this talk of strategy is making his head hurt. The irregulars are beneath Dellex's notice but Martumum isn't. As indicted by the earlier abortive attack in the woods. Also what does it mean that Dellex went out of his way to send Martumum to the manor? So many questions and not enough answers. It makes Trinham's head spin even more that the poison that is still flowing through his veins. Well Lora enjoys this sort of thing, let her sort it out. With that he lets the matter drop and tries to enjoy the walk.

Once Aidan has pointed it out, Trinham starts to keep an eye on the "log". He briefly considers readying his crossbow but quickly decides that the way he is currently feeling he is more likely to hit a party member that the log. So he prepares himself to cast a spell.

[sblock=OOC]1. Did Trinham manage to prepare his spells this morning?

2. Trinham will not take any action unless either attacked or ordered to by Lora.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] You don't prepare spells so you are back to max per day for lvls 0 and 1. good post btw don't be mad at me though if I up the friction between you and Ms. Lora only doing my job :angel:

Also this reminds me got no spells for this day from ML my fault forgot to ask to have them posted during breakfast so you may take whatever you wish even anti-serpent spells- :p [/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth still doesn't know who in the Nine Hells Dellex is. As such, he only pays half-attention to the conversation. While all the talk of strategy is something he could enjoy, it was constantly mixed in with talk of politics, something he had gotten enough of as a child, listening to his father. Such reminiscing only brought bad memories and a stormy mood, so he quickly shook his head and tried to focus on the scenery, to blot out those dark thoughts and self-destructive musings.

As Aidan shouted about a log that wasn't, Jareth took a look at what the fool was indicating. "So what? If it's not moving towards us, we don't need to worry about it."

Theroc

First Post
"So what? If it's not moving towards us, we don't need to worry about it."

"If ya ignore it now, ya might not notice when it's coming toward us..." Aidan shot back, irritated at the boy's attitude. He was half tempted to give the boy what for, but from what he has caught of the conversations, he too was versed in spell and... strange chain... where Aidan barely knows to use a fist. Inwardly the boy cursed his own past, which left him woefully unable to support himself or his ailing father.

He could only hope things improved... and keep an eye on that serpent.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The serpent bobs under the water and the group watches the creeks murky brown surface for several moments. Almost holding there breaths they scan up and down the creek, did the creature know it was spotted? Why hasn't it come back up they wonder.

Frozen Messiah

First Post
"Why don't we just give it a wide berth and move by it, if it attacks us than we wil see it coming and be able to react accordingly. We are wasting to much time on this creature when we could be nearer to the manor." Claude says in a calm toneas he eyes the water. He recalled some of the snakes back in Reygur but the woudl rarely cause you trouble if you moved far enough away and knew where they where because they attacked by ambush. With this in mind he merely kept his eye on the water waiting for both his comrades and the serpent to make a decision.

Theroc

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
I did not realize we had stopped moving, I thought this discussion was taking place while walking. I certainly had not intended Aidan to halt the party, merely alert them as we walked so it would not get a surprise round. >.>[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] I would think the party would stop and gawk for a minute or two it is only natural, remember this isn't a normal sized creature. Just waiting for Lora to take charge and I want to gve you a better description of where you are so you have all info avaiable not sure I described the scene well enough.[/sblock]

Sphyh

First Post
At all this talk of a serpent Onesimus stops and stares down at the alleged beast. "This is simple. We have the high ground. Toss a stone or a stick at the water. Once the water is disturbed it will do one of two things. Flee or attack. If it flees we move on, if it attacks, we cut it down on its way up the hill with spells, arrows and javelins and then move on. Either way we need to get to the manor soon." Onesimus picks up a small stone in his hand and looks at Lora for approval.

Remove ads