Spring!

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
That's about what it looks like out here today. Very, very nice day. Ahhh, I love Florida. :)

Keep reminding yourself of that when the hurricane season comes...

Darth K'Trava

First Post
ASH said:
I am assuming my husband will bring spring back from Florida when he and my son go to disney world in two weeks. He is such a good husband.

If he was such a "good husband", why aren't you going with them? :uhoh:

Umbran said:
After 2 of 4 hitting here in G'ville last summer, I think I can do just fine. I was born here. At least its not like up in Georgia where they act like the world is ending when a thunderstorm starts up. :)

Darth K'Trava

First Post
Umbran said:

Heh

I never had to worry about hurricanes when I used to live in Florida...... and the city I lived in nearly got razed to the ground by Andrew...... :confused: Hadn't had to worry about them until we moved to NC..... :\ Then had to deal with the remnants of one coming back from Dragoncon in Atlanta.....

Darth K'Trava

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
After 2 of 4 hitting here in G'ville last summer, I think I can do just fine. I was born here. At least its not like up in Georgia where they act like the world is ending when a thunderstorm starts up. :)

Geez! We seem to do that when someone mentions snow around here..... for some reason, people think they have GOTTA get bread and milk..... :confused: :\

ASH

First Post
Darth K'Trava said:
If he was such a "good husband", why aren't you going with them? :uhoh:

:] Well, I am not going with because they dont have alot of room in the van. Originally it was only my 5 yr old that was asked to go with my mother in law and her sisters to go with. But my son doesnt really listen very well to my mother in law because she does not tell him no, or disipline him at all. So I was not comfortable with him going all the way to Florida with out a firm parental figure that he listens too. So I said he could go it either my husband or I could go with. As my husband has 3 weeks of paid vacation and I only have one (gen-con) week, he will get paid to go and I cant really afford to go with.

So they leave with out me. :(

I love spring, its my favorite time of year.

I grew up not far from Syracuse (Oneonta) and can confirm the seasons. The ground cover was generally either snow, mud, or (for a couple of weeks in July) grass.

Yeah, I lived in that area for 15 years. Its great if you like cold, snowy weather from Septemer to April every year... personall,y I've had my fill of it. I love the weather in TN. We get some spring-like days even in the middle of winter.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
The white stuff falling out of the Massachusetts sky this morning was giving a big fat raspberry to this whole "Spring" idea. :p

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
snowed here yesterday too. ;) but today it's pretty nice outside, and gives me hope that spring really is right around the corner...

Remove ads