• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spring's D&D Release Will Be Ship-Themed

So they talked about it a little bit on today's Fireside Chat. They mentioned that the full reveal are coming at a later date, but it will be a ship based product. It's almost done, but cover and title are not yet finalized. Not much else was mentioned except some joke titles! Not too surprising, given the UA, the upcoming seafaring comic book, the ship mini set, etc.

So they talked about it a little bit on today's Fireside Chat. They mentioned that the full reveal are coming at a later date, but it will be a ship based product. It's almost done, but cover and title are not yet finalized.

Not much else was mentioned except some joke titles!

Not too surprising, given the UA, the upcoming seafaring comic book, the ship mini set, etc.

vpuigdoller

Adventurer
Indeed. I had about 1 month of prepping ToA before we started the campaign and that was a glaring issue I also noticed. I addressed this by putting together a player primer PDF which presented the option to choose between being a traveler/outsider (differentiated more by background) vs. a native of Chult (differentiated more by race). My players mostly chose to be natives.

This is fantastic, I wish I had done something like it for my players. Good job!

I’m fine with any of those, or much better, a mix of them and some new stuff, written by people steeped in the lore of the people of those regions.

I don’t know why you’re calling Wakanda “superhero nonsense”, though. You don’t...you don’t think that what we’re doing here in DnD land is above superheroes in the hierarchy of serious creative media, do you?

Because it ain’t. It’s all silly nonsense we do for fun. Elves and wizards aren’t any less silly than Black Panther and Storm.

Superheroes are on an entirely different level of silliness than anything that isn't comedy or made for preschoolers ;)

Remove ads

Remove ads