Spring's D&D Release Will Be Ship-Themed

So they talked about it a little bit on today's Fireside Chat. They mentioned that the full reveal are coming at a later date, but it will be a ship based product. It's almost done, but cover and title are not yet finalized. Not much else was mentioned except some joke titles! Not too surprising, given the UA, the upcoming seafaring comic book, the ship mini set, etc.

So they talked about it a little bit on today's Fireside Chat. They mentioned that the full reveal are coming at a later date, but it will be a ship based product. It's almost done, but cover and title are not yet finalized.

Not much else was mentioned except some joke titles!

Not too surprising, given the UA, the upcoming seafaring comic book, the ship mini set, etc.

flametitan

Explorer
I had a weird idea, but what if the new pirate book is like the SCAG for the Sea of Fallen Stars, but with a pieate section.

That would be interesting, but I suspect that if it'll have lore, it'll be more like Volo's Guide to Monsters: non-specific enough to be usable in the Realms, but not directly Realmsian lore aside from a couple references.

Reynard

Legend
Oh man, I remember this picture. It represents the moment when I, as an 8-year-old kid, finally woke up to the fact that comic-book art is really, really silly.

Your 8 year old self missed the point. You should have woke up to the fact that Liefeld is a no talent hack who got lucky once.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
lowkey13;7547078 <image>[/QUOTE said:
I'm sure we can think of several things in DnD and other TTRPGs that are equally silly.

Like 5e halflings.

Or tortles.

Or half of what happens in a lot of folks' games.

Meanwhile, there are superhero comic books, cartoons, live action tv shoes, and movies, that are award-worthy/winning dramatic literary, animated, or audiovisual, art.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
So, Greg Tito confirmed a nautical book on his D&D News segment yesterday. All he said beyond that is that the full announcement should be in "about a month-ish." So we should know about this in detail before Valentine's Day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads

Remove ads