Spring's D&D Release Will Be Ship-Themed

So they talked about it a little bit on today's Fireside Chat. They mentioned that the full reveal are coming at a later date, but it will be a ship based product. It's almost done, but cover and title are not yet finalized. Not much else was mentioned except some joke titles! Not too surprising, given the UA, the upcoming seafaring comic book, the ship mini set, etc.

So they talked about it a little bit on today's Fireside Chat. They mentioned that the full reveal are coming at a later date, but it will be a ship based product. It's almost done, but cover and title are not yet finalized.

Not much else was mentioned except some joke titles!

Not too surprising, given the UA, the upcoming seafaring comic book, the ship mini set, etc.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I'm fairly confident that this will be an adventure, not a supplement. A few months ago I was at a release party for Art & Arcana, and I overheard beta playtesters discussing two different adventures they were playing. One was "the pirate thing". (I'm not going to reveal the other adventure they mentioned, even though I'm not under NDA.) Based upon that overheard conversation, I think it's an adventure.

The conversation about this book suggested a supplement, which makes sense since Kate is in design, not story: but the next AP might be sea related as well: Mad Mage was in playtesting since ~2016, IIRC from the rumor mill. Also, unfair to tease the other part you overheard and not share. :p

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Why do you taunt me.

By Gygax's Eternal Obfsucation, I now want a book that isn't 60% tables, but 100% tables!

I want tables that I roll on to tell me which tables to use.

I want more tables than an Ikea, baby.

Make it so!

Oh.... oh ..... this would be the perfect coffee-table book.

Mmmm.... "The 5e Coffee Table Book of Tables!"

TAKE MY MONEY NOW!

I'd go for that, but only if using the tables involves math. ;-)

Henry

Autoexreginated
It's tables all the way down!

More tables than a chamberful of Congressional motions at Christmas!
More tables than a Handbook of Chemistry and Physics!
More tables than a Microsoft Excel training class!
More tables than a vbulletin database! MORE! MORE! MORE!

Speculative fiction is a softer way to talk about our reality, but we have to take care. If you really want to convice you can't force them to agree you, and if you don't listen, understand their point of view and you disrespect them, then they will not trust you to be conviced by you.

Not always fantasy kingdoms are a reflection of our real past, but sometimes they may be reflection of our dreams, or our fears. Wakanda was created as an Utopia to show us Africans have the potential to create a better future if they fix their troubles. An utopian realm as Wakanda is possible in a D&D world if their people are enough honest, worker and competent, and rules by the right managers or administrators and the right recipe of economy about free market. Remember the dessert is becoming a garden or orchand in Israel.

Sometimes I have tried to created plots about arcane and divine spellcasters because the cleric tell they want to defend us but we have to obey their rules, and they want to controll the mana lines, and wizards are envidied and feared by the muggle masses, and they don't want the mana sources by controlled by the clerics. They like nothing to be controlled by anybody who doesn't suffer consecuences when makes a mistake.

Osse is the equivalent to Australia in Abeir-Toril. I would add elemental planar gates where alien visitors arrive from the world of Athas (Dark Sun). And Abeir, the twin brother of Toril may be a place where add new or strange things.

We can't forget the other planets in Realmspace. Karpri and Chandos are two oceanic worlds.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
$

I see you, and raise you rapier-wielding gnome paladins. ;)

Remove ads

Remove ads