SPYCRAFT Blood Money (OOC : Tactics)

Tokiwong

First Post
Luddite ol' buddy ol pal time for the ol divide and conquer going to try and get Lana alone adn you go for Gournay... she don't like Gournay I am thinking so you handle that and I will handle her... :D

Last edited:

Game Control

First Post
Of course, I'm going to let you do what you want, but I don't get it; why do you want to split Lana and Gournay? And much more importantly if you are going to split, why is it Luddite that is handling Gournay alone?

Sure, Lana doesn't like Gournay. But what better way to keep both your guardian angel (Lana) and target (Gournay) tied at the same spot while the other agent slips and does some nefarious deed if he needs to?

But the crucial point is that Gournay is potentially the most delicate of the two subjects to handle. He's a friend of Beaujolais and possibly of Balladur. A slip in front of him could be much more disastrous for the mission than a slip in front of Lana. Therefore how come the agent with no bluff skill is handling the potential lead to a terrorist while the Faceman is handling the touring guide? I'm seeing a potential disaster here.

I'm sorry, I shouldn't hold your hand like that. I know that freedom of choice is necessary in order to enjoy a roleplaying game.

It's just that I see this as a player's mistake, not an agent's mistake and also as problem based on differing assumptions on the GC and PCs part.

I doubt your secret agent characters, people trained specifically for this job, would make this kind of mistake. In a P&P game I would have been able to give you tips before attempting the objective. In a board game I can't and now I wouldn't want the players to be victim of a bad assumptions based on lack of communications.

In the future, if you want to discuss general tactics with me, feel free to ask me a question here. I'm in charge of the ''reality'' of the game and it's important that we see eye to eye as to what would be a smart plan VS what is a rookie's mistake.

I think I might soon come up with a basic list of things an agent should keep in mind according to me. You can post back with your own assumptions of how an agent is supposed to behave like and hopefully we'll reach the kind of understanding that occurs naturally in a P&P game.

Last edited:

Luddite

First Post
I would also call it using wrong assumptions. :D I think we were over reading Lana's Distaste for Gournay. One thing that I was missing was a good idea of a how many Serior Staffers there were. In the Hierarchy, where do Gournay and Lana meet? And what was their professional relationship.

As such I think I will modify my last entry...if you don't mind.

(See change to post in MSF thread)

-Luddite

Last edited:

Game Control

First Post
Lana VS Gournay.

They don't really ''meet' in the hierarchy. Lana is administration while Gournay is a practitioner. They are both senior enough that they answer to only one person, the director of the camp. You haven't met this person yet (The name's easy enough to come by; Gregory Van Den Abel, a belgian)

Tokiwong

First Post
Just under the impression that it would be best Luddite knows all the info that we have on Gournay... and frankly I felt he would do better and I could distract Lana and learn more about the camp... and maybe Balladur... just my thoughts... it seemed like dividing the two would work best for the both of us... I hadn't realized Gournay was the more fragile of the two... since I had yet to meet him... I understand what you are saying... nd maybe we had the wrong assumption

just seemed right at the time... one I don't have a ny real knowledge of Medecine... two Luddite knows much more statistics and stuff and info on Gournay I just have cursory knowledge... but if you feel differently... thn okay

Luddite

First Post
A common rule of Gaming : If the GM comes out and says something is realy a BAD idea. It is. (Having been on both sides of this one :D )

As such Lana is not someone to "ignore" as she too may have some connection. Either directly or indirectly. As long as we can take Lana and Gournay out to dinner, with out "insulting" any of the other staffers.

As for our cover, (with the GC permission) I would like to make a amendum. Yes we are sent by the Red Cross, but we are primarialy Academic. Myself being a young professor of Bio-Statisitcs, and others in our group are Stutents or Research/Graduate Assitants. The rest are administrative support for the trip.

Right now I only brought one of the Assitants since this is just the first meeting to visit the camp. The other studdents will be "assiting" in going though all the paper work.

As such, since it is later, we can have other join us for dinner, since you were in town getting supplies.

-Luddite

Tokiwong

First Post
fine I hear yah... just going with the info presented and yes I know the rule of thumb just don't see where the problem is

Luddite

First Post
Tokiwong said:
fine I hear yah... just going with the info presented and yes I know the rule of thumb just don't see where the problem is

Neither do I, realy, but lets just say call it a Hunch. Also as a player I would rather not split up.

Well, althoug my social skills are not bad, they are not great either. (Diplomacy +4, and Sence Motive +4) So it would be better to have both of us, even if I attempt to do most of the talking. You have a better knack. And he is right, I have no Bluff. Keep in mind that as a "Graduate Assitant" you dont need to know much about the field. You are hear to learn from pratcial experience.

Besides, You meet Mark Armstrong of the CDC in Atlanta before we left. (The same as me meeting Beaujoails). And you do have as much information as I do on all the subjects. You had plenty of time to read my reports on what I found.

Also, when GC showed the Photo of Lana, I thought "Foil." However, we don't have any in game clues to think that (or if you did give them then I did not see them)

BTW after the "Director" is there any other Senior staffers on Par with Lana and Gournay?

Lets go to dinner together. Maybe meet up with Roman or Ghost. And whlie we are out of the Camp, they can sneak in.

Would it be possible to do the Tour of the Labs before we head out of camp for dinner?

-Luddite

Remove ads