SRD 3.5 Competition

Kerrwyn

First Post
Alrighty, I got some bad news.
I've gotta bow out of the contest... time constraints and a hectic work schedule have translated to I haven't gotten anything done since the fifth. So I gotta just bow out. Sorry guys.

Conaill

First Post
Sorry to hear that, Kerrwyn!

Would you mind posting what you already have? If it can help getting a better end result out of this competition, we will all be better off!

Maybe you have some intermediate files that others can use to build on. Or maybe you used some clever formatting tricks to squeeze a table into a smaller format. Even if all you have right now is a plain HTML version of the RTFs, that alone would be immensely useful. I don't think there are any html versions out there yet...

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Conaill said:
I don't think there are any html versions out there yet...
There will be one by the end of the week. A partial one. A partial, ugly one. A partial, ugly, devoid of usefulness one.

That would be mine.

But boy, I've sure made myself cranky making it! ;)

Sulaco

First Post
Do we have to have the entire thing done to qualify or are a couple of sample chapters going to be sufficient for the competition?

When I win I'll do the rest of course. ;)

woodelf

First Post
Conaill said:
Sorry to hear that, Kerrwyn!

Would you mind posting what you already have? If it can help getting a better end result out of this competition, we will all be better off!

Maybe you have some intermediate files that others can use to build on. Or maybe you used some clever formatting tricks to squeeze a table into a smaller format. Even if all you have right now is a plain HTML version of the RTFs, that alone would be immensely useful. I don't think there are any html versions out there yet...

<http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~magius/v35SRD_html.zip>, but it apparently has some very minor compliance issues (like mentioning D&D), and a couple formatting things. A cleaned up version of the same is hosted at <http://www.darkshire.org/~jhkim/rpg/srd/>.

If anybody wants them, i'd be happy to email a straight RTF translation of the D30SRD(3.5)--i don't have anywhere i could really post the files. They're pretty good, but i haven't taken any time to clean up the stupids in the files (whether due to the source or the translator), and there's no interlinking or anything (apart from creating a ToC page).

woodelf

First Post
Conaill said:
Not bad, woodelf! Is that your entry for the competition already, or are you working on a spiffed up version as well?

Sorry--should have been clearer. I have nothing to do with either version i just posted.

On a *separate* note, i also have a pretty good HTML conversion from the RTFs--just used a translator, with only minimal clean-up afterwards, but it was a good translator. Those are not the HTML files i just posted links to--in fact, i haven't even looked at the HTML version i posted the links to--but i know John Kim wouldn't have chosen to mirror it if it weren't good.

I don't know yet if i'm going to enter the contest--i'm working on a PDF version, but i may (1) not get it done by the deadline or (2) get too frustrated with the horrid organization of the source files, and give up.

Remove ads