SRD monsters in new stat block format? - FOUND!

XCorvis

First Post
Does anyone know of an SRD or tool that uses the new stat block format for monsters? I don't want to have to do all that work myself...

Last edited:

XCorvis

First Post
Since there don't seem to be any SRDs with the monsters in the new stat block format, is there anyone interested in doing it as a community project?

Thanee

First Post
With regular expressions and pattern recognition you should easily be able to transform from one format (if it is consistent) to the other, i.e. with a pretty simple perl script. Just read the relevant data in by making a pattern search and saving the parts you need, and then put it out the way you want it. Of course, that requires at least some knowledge of programming, but it's really not that difficult to do.

Bye
Thanee

XCorvis

First Post
Unfortunately, it's not quite that simple. The new stat block uses a number of conventions that just won't translate well, so it's not a simple matter of rearranging. Some things that were previously together have been split up, namely special abilities, and some things just don't exist, like "Posessions" (which have to be extrapolated from the text). You pretty much have to do the whole thing by hand. Feel free to prove me wrong, of course. ;)

Thanee

First Post
Well, ok, decisions like which SA/Q comes where are trickier, of course, but at least you could do 95% of the work this way, without having to handle each statblock by hand. Still a huge time saver. :)

If there are only some specific SA/Qs going to specific locations, that could also be automated.

Of course, I do not use the new statblock, so I don't really know what's going where, only seen it a few times, and I prefer the old one. :)

Bye
Thanee

Remove ads