• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Stances in 4e? Wooopie!!!

Jack99

Adventurer
Mustrum_Ridcully said:
Strange. Somehow, I believe you're saying this in a very cheerful tone of "Hooray!"

ha ha.

TBH I couldn't care less where they steal their ideas, as long as it makes for good play.

Cheers.

HeinorNY

First Post
Mourn said:
Martial training involves the mind almost as much as it does the body.
That's good for the sleep spell and some others, but there are so many different magical and non-magical effects that allow a saving throw. It is gonna be a big stretch in some cases.

I'm ok with a Fighter power that gives him a +2 to saves, I just don't understand why they needed to call it defensive stance.

Let the fluff of the defensive stance for a power that gives you a better Defense, and call that by another name, like Stubborness or Defensive Soul, or any other fluff that matches with the bonus provided.

Jack99

Adventurer
Can't believe that I have been quoted 3 times already, I must be on to something. Stances, the Wowification of DND

DandD

First Post
ainatan said:
That's good for the sleep spell and some others, but there are so many different magical and non-magical effects that allow a saving throw. It is gonna be a big stretch in some cases.

I'm ok with a Fighter power that gives him a +2 to saves, I just don't understand why they needed to call it defensive stance.

Let the fluff of the defensive stance for a power that gives you a better Defense, and call that by another name, like Stubborness or Defensive Soul, or any other fluff that matches with the bonus provided.
Then simply call it Golden Wyvern Adept Strenght of Fury of Ultimate Destiny. :D

Stogoe

First Post
Are we sure it enhances your defenses? It says +2 to saving throw, so I'd assume that it means the saving throw and not defenses.

Of course, it's just a summary of the exploit, so...

I really do like the Sustain Minor idea.

Crashy75

First Post
Jack99 said:
Can't believe that I have been quoted 3 times already, I must be on to something. Stances, the Wowification of DND
You always get quoted more often when you appear to be trolling. ;)

EDIT: I do agree that the name would seem to imply a bonus to defenses but +2 to saves is really good.

Remove ads