Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
So far, the quality on them has been pretty good, so I can hardly fault that decision.

Star Trek is the only reason so far to get Paramount+. But there's a lot of it, and it's really good. Heck, Lower Decks alone was awesome- and that's animated!

...eh, I hear that Evil is good? Haven't watched it yet.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Star Trek is the only reason so far to get Paramount+. But there's a lot of it, and it's really good. Heck, Lower Decks alone was awesome- and that's animated!

There'll be a trick to not flooding the market and over-saturating the viewers. However, with modern short seasons, it is probably a managable trick. I suspect the fanbase will tolerate something like a long average of one show a week for indefinite periods.

Evil is pretty good. Not perfect, but I've enjoyed it.

Mallus

Legend
I keep forgetting to check out Evil.

I give the new series a lot of credit for updating Trek in ways that I didn't expect, especially now that they've settled on a showrunner for Discovery whose two seasons feel pretty coherent. And bringing Jean-Luc back to tell a story about regret, refugees and a Romulan samurai kid was sheer nutty sci-fi genius.

Also, the announcement of a second season of Strange New Worlds made my day.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
A SNW trailer can't be too far off, can it? When have we been getting our first trailers for new shows and seasons in this P+ era?

If you can get on its very weird, horror-comedy wavelength, Evil is seriously, seriously great. It simultaneously takes itself very seriously and not seriously at all. I think some people confuse its tone and approach with SyFy shows like Warehouse 13, but it's doing something much meaner and more subversive.

ETA: Forgot to add that it's a rare show that seems to "get" how internet culture works, and rarely embarrasses itself while digging into that kind of material.

Remove ads