• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Trek the Series: Most Memorable Villains

What Star Trek Villain is the most memorable?

• Khan Noonian Sing from 'Space Seed' and 'Wrath of Khan'

Votes: 24 47.1%
  • The Romulan Commander (played by Mark Lenard) from 'Balance of Terror'

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Gul Dukat from Deep Space Nine episodes

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Q from The Next Generation episodes

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Sela, The Romulan Commander from The Next Generation episodes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 9.8%

Kesh

First Post
Keep in mind, I think this is for individual villains, rather than villanous races/organizations.

And on that note, Ardra was cool, but no match for Harry Mudd! :)

Ranger REG

Explorer
Whodat said:

Yes, Ardra!
What part of Ardra didn’t you understand?

Let’s see:
Cocky… check!
In-your-face pain in the butt… check!
Personality… check!

(Ha! Now I know why I like her. Sounds like… me!)
:D
To me, she's more of a con artist, a thief from the street. She prefers material thing like the planet and the starship.

The Clown was intelligent enough to mess with the VOYAGER crew's psyche. He's interested in enslaving them and controlling them.

The only common thing between the Clown and Ardra is their painted makeup. :D

(And if THAT is also like you, oh well...) :p

Orius

Legend
Ranger REG said:

Ardra? :confused:

For a one-shot character, she's two dimensional. If you want a good one-shot TV character villain in the contemporary Trek series, I prefer the clown (portrayed by Michael McKean) in a pre-Braga VOYAGER episode, "The Thaw."

The clown? Ugh, I hated that guy. But then "The Thaw" isn't exactly one of my fav Trek episodes either.

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
I liked Khan, because he was really evil. And they had to actually think to beat him, not just rely on technobabble.

Plus, he was so damn charismatic. I could really understand why he had followers.

DarkSoldier

First Post
KHAAAAAAAANNNNNN!!!

After all, no other villain in Star Trek history has made the captain scream like that! Not even Kruge, who killed David in ST3, got Kirk that riled up.

Khan quotes Melville and is the product of eugenics, a program of selective breeding for optimum physical and mental characteristics. He was about as close to human perfection as one could get. Well, there was that pride and arrogance thing...

General Chang from ST6 was also a cool villain; you always take seriously a guy with his eyebatch bolted to his face.

Allanon

Explorer
I stand by Q... Come on, Khan against Q. Q could make Khan scream easily. He'd just snap his fingers and make Khan watch Startrek IV over and over and over and over...... :p

Mallus

Legend
Gul Dukat... by a widening margin now that I've been thinking about it.

Plus, he has one of the best lines in all of Trek, which I'll paraphrase: As Sisko points out the inherent moral superiority of the Fededation, Dukat nails him with "Its easy to be a saint in paradise". This is after Dukat tries to explain the far harsher material/economic realities of life in the Cardassian Empire.

[edit] And while I can't say Ardra was a great opponent, she did have one of the funniest lines in all of Trek directed at her, by Mr. Data... "Will the defendant please refrain from making opposing counsel disappear."

And for the record, I also liked Vash.

Last edited:

Remove ads