Star Wars: Rebels with Style

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Deurr is tagging along with the group, fiddling with a remote detonator to set the frequency so he doesn't need to do it when they are already there. To be sure sure, he sets another one also on their way and finally slungs the heavy rifle to his hands.

Interior Group:

Though the corridors remain hauntingly empty save for the few corpses near the lift tubes, there are still many signs of a fight. The smell of ozone is impossible to miss in the air, evidence of very recent blaster fire to go along with all the black scorch marks across the stone walls...and the door to the comm center, which is closed but, just in front of it, is an unmoving body of an Imperial Stormtrooper with some smoke rising from the faceplate of his helmet.

Down the other direction of the corridor are more Stormtrooper bodies, at least four down the corridor from the briefing room...which is missing its door. Some of the stone walls have collapsed there, too, making it hard to see beyond where the door to the old briefing area should have been.

Distantly, echoing down the corridors from multiple directions, faint sounds can still be heard, though there is still no sign of any living Imperial troops still.

Kay:[sblock]The door to the comm center looks very slightly buckled inwards.[/sblock]

Deurr:[sblock]The door to the briefing room at the other end of the hall looks to have been completely destroyed by a small explosive charge.[/sblock]

Exterior Group:

The Great Temple where the Yavin Base was built within was actually one large temple and a smaller, similarly designed temple just to the north. The main hangar of the base faced south, meaning that out that direction, all that could currently be seen was dirt, grass, and eventually, trees. There were no Imperials to the south just yet...or at least, none that could be seen.

Around the two temples would be a clearing between them and the jungle beyond, roughly half a kilometer's worth of empty nothingness before the thick, hard-to-traverse jungle took over. There were some smaller clearings within the jungle, most of that was towards the north, apparently where the YT-2000 was supposed to be. But reports were also that the Imperials had mostly been coming from that direction. They would likely be focused on taking the base and everything within, rather than worried about the surrounding jungle...probably.

Shalimar

First Post
"Sithspit," Kay cursed at seeing the state of the door, Imps had tried to get in, possibly breaking the door. It may or may not have been inoperable depending on how much it was bent.

"I think were a bit behind in this race, people." the Corellian said moving forward to the door. "Duerr, help me try to open it, hopefully its not been bent to much to let us through. Viria try and cover the hall behind us, if we can get in the door we may need to take the long way to the Data room."

Moving forward to the door, Kay tried to operate the door controls. Keeping her stun grenade ready in her hand meant she had to reholster her blaster to get a hand free for the door controls but she felt the grenade would be more useful.

possum

First Post
Lia makes her way through the bodies of the Stormtroopers, blaster pistol held at the ready. She tries not to think of the men behind the mask, hoping that they're clones and not recruits. At least then she doesn't have to think about the families left behind.

She motions to the other, more accomplished fighters of the group to take the lead, preferring to wait.

drothgery

First Post
"K2, see if you can do something if Kay and Duerr can't force the door." Istara said.

The droid beeped.

"You're not a war droid, and you have some tools that might be useful for breaking down a door. Though it might be faster to just go around." She argued back.

A low-pitched series of beeps that sounded frustrated followed, but the droid rolled up behind Kay.

Blackrat

Deurr moves next to Kay and comments on the condition of the door. "Blown. Small charge." He is short on words but everyone already knew that. He doesn't like speaking in basic. "Won't open without force"

Yeoman

First Post
"Got it. I've got something special for any imperial visitors." Viria hears Deurr mention the door won't open without being forced. "So, break it down or go around? Breaking it is faster, but that will surely get someone's attention. Going around is a little safer I guess, but isn't time a factor? I say blow the door."

Blackrat

OOC: Can Deurr approximate wether or not the door can be blown open with a charge or thermal det. (or maybe put a rocket through it :lol: )? Big explosives would do the trick but we don't have much...

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
Yeoman said:
"Got it. I've got something special for any imperial visitors." Viria hears Deurr mention the door won't open without being forced. "So, break it down or go around? Breaking it is faster, but that will surely get someone's attention. Going around is a little safer I guess, but isn't time a factor? I say blow the door."

"You're the combat vets here, but it seems to me that our supplies of explosives are limitted, and it'll take longer to set up a charge that won't take us with it than it will to go around." Istara says.

Yeoman

First Post
"Let's get Deurr's take on this. I'm good either way with my toy here, as she gently pats her heavy repeater, so let's decide and do whatever it takes."

Remove ads