Star Wars: Rebels with Style

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Garret (Human Male Sniper 4)

Garret's heart sunk greatly when he realized that they really needed jump coordinates otherwise there were going to be sitting ducks when the Lambda went into hyperspace....

"Yuul, we need jump coordinates otherwise we will be fending of all of these Ties our selves and I do not imagine that will go well. As soon as we get comms to the Vortex let them know our jump status....."

He shakes his head..... 'How could I not think of that.' as he leads the nearest Tie fighter and fires at it.

Combat Info:[sblock]Once again, Istara succeeds in recharging the shields. They're up to 20 now.

In an attempt to keep things moving/hopefully keep you guys alive...will assume Viria and Deurr continue to fire. Viria attacking T1 gets an 8. No good. Deurr against T3 gets a 26. That's a crit, and does 126 damage. T3 just went boom.

Lia CAN use a Force point, but it won't actually matter. Though she can use that to hit the TIE, it won't do any damage. Sadly, though the damage is 2d10x2, meaning its 10 damage from your roll, that's equal to the TIE's DR.

Brings up the YT-2000. Sya is flying defensively again.

Assuming Garret fires at T4...attack is a 16 and that hits. T4 takes 60 damage, just enough to destroy it. Yuul's firing at T6 again...he gets a 17 and that's another hit and 54 more damage to it. More than enough to destroy T6.

That ends the round. K2 is now DONE with the coordinates. That means turning around again will just take 2 more rounds to get out of the planet's gravity well.

The last two remaining TIEs are up. T1 follows the shuttle and fires again...it gets a natural 1. No way. T5 is after the YT and also fires...he gets a 19, and that's not good enough with Sya flying defensively.

You guys are up again.

------------------
------------------
-------5Y---------
---------V1-------
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------[/sblock]

Vortex:

Out of the main viewport, the YT-2000 was easy to see now. It was not flying straight, though. Rather, the bulky freighter was whipping through a series of twists and rolls that seemed more appropriate for a fighter half its size, with red lances of energy flying out at odd directions due to the maneuvers. Three TIEs could be seen attempting to encircle the ship, but in quick succession, two of the fighters exploded into short bursts of flame.

The shuttle was no longer flying so smoothly. While the vital systems seemed to be working, the bulkheads and the deck plates were shaking uncomfortably and there were uncomfortable rumbling sounds accompanying it. Still, beyond the damage to the hull, there didn't seem to be anything major that had been damaged.

The shaking did little to affect Deurr's aim, as his shot connected with the cockpit of one of the TIEs, immediately detonating the fighter and causing its wingmate to quickly bank away to avoid the debris. It was this maneuver that caused both Viria and Lia to miss, with both of this shots flying off just below the TIE as it maneuvered away and then swung in behind the damaged shuttle.

There were no more complaints coming from the other Rebels, more a determined focus on the situation in hopes that they would actually survive. But the louder sounds of the ship were broken by something else. A short, happy sounding whistle from K2 as he spun his head around to report that the coordinates were programed into the computer and they could jump as soon as they were out of Yavin's gravity well.

YT-2000:

Sya's maneuvering continued to be extremely random and an impediment to any kind of targeting, but it was reaching the point where you could predict when the TIEs would be in sight. At least they were flying straight enough. That meant that when the timing was just right, you were able to fire off a quick bursts of laser fire that hit one of the TIEs right across its solar panel. You were able to see a quick, bright flash before the freighter rolled away and all you could see was the orange of Yavin with black objects that must have been the Imperial fleet. Your targeting computer, however, reported the TIE was very much gone.

An excited cry echoed up the ladder to you from where Yuul was, and accompanying that another of the TIEs on the computer faded away. There was only one left that was approaching quickly, but its shots weren't connecting anymore.

"Not bothering to fix the comms!" Sya's voice echoed up to you again, "Kyne's getting the navcomputer online now. Apparently there were some preprogrammed coordinates so we'll just hit those and then jump to the rendezvous point after. Now keep shooting, dammit!"

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Garret (Sniper 4)

"Good! Keep it up Lt. Head towards the Vortex and perhaps we can use each others' flight path to line up a good shot."

Garret smiles slightly as he tries to maintain his concentration and tries to keep his reflexes ready to fire on the remaining Tie amidst the wildly erratic flight pattern.

Yeoman

First Post
"Great shot Deurr! I'm guessing the droid is beeping like that because he's got our route plotted right? So let's ditch these imperial dogs before they shoot us out of space." The doctor continues to lay down a hail of laser fire to cover their withdrawal.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Deurr swears again in his native language but this time more approving. The shot was a nice hit straight to the cockpit. He continues to fire down on the other of the surviving Ties.

OOC: Shoot at #1

OOC:[sblock]Yeah, guys...going to jumpstart us to the next part since this is essentially a foregone conclusion at this point with the only negating factor whether you guys die or not. I'd prefer to avoid another random crit this close to the 'end' and get us into some better stuff and it looks like its generally agreed upon.

Sorry for not mentioning it here earlier...could have sworn I had. Bah. Check the OOC thread. Should also be a new IC thread starting soon. :)[/sblock]

Yeoman

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Sorry for the delay, I haven't been able to actually get back onto the boards in days. It just timed out. Sounds fine to me, and I apologize for the delay.
[/sblock]

Remove ads