Star Wars: Rebels with Style

Combat Info:[sblock]Okay...shields will recharge next round when Istara finishes the action.

Assuming Viria attacks T1...she gets a 12. No good.

Deurr's attack against T1 is a 13. Also a miss.

That brings up the YT. Sya is going to Fly Defensively. Being a trained pilot, that means +5 Dodge to the Ref Def for the ship. That means attacks are -5, though. If no attacks are made, Dodge bonus goes up to +10 as a heads up.

Takes Garret a move action to get to the turret, so he can still attack. I didn't post any stats for the ship since it was being fully run by me. Since I'm still doing the pilot stuff, I'll just give you the weapon stats. The ship has a pair of Double Laser Cannons(Atk +2, Autofire -3; 5d10x2 Damage).

Assuming Garret fires at T6...attack is a 7. Sadly misses. Would have missed without the -5, if that means anything.

Yuul will move in and man the other turret...his attack is an 11. Yet another miss. Kyne moves to the cockpit and works on recharging the shields...he succeeds on the roll but since he moved, doesn't happen until next round.

That ends the round. 1 more until safe distance and 2 for K2 to plot the jump.

TIEs are up. They do the usual moving before shooting...1 and 3 fire at the Vortex. T1 gets an 11 and T3 a 9. Both miss. 4, 5, and 6 attack the YT. T4 gets a 21, T5 a 14, and T6 6. All miss the YT for a safe round finally.

...updated map and you guys are up again.

------------------
------------------
--Y-6--------1----
--5-4------------V
-------------3----
------------------
------------------
------------------[/sblock]

Vortex:

Though the fighters were closing in on the shuttle, they were playing it smarter than their now-destroyed wingmate by not charging after you by charging directly. They were taking rather odd maneuvers, making it difficult to aim to hit them and, from the way their own shots continued to streak past without striking the Vortex, harder for them to aim.

While Istara quickly worked to get the shields back to full strength, K2 reported that he would be done in ten seconds...if nothing went wrong.

On the opposite end of the cockpit, the Duros at his station swiveled his chair around a moment, "I uh. There are other ships approaching. I think we're fine...I mean, unless that transport coming at us gains a lot of speed or, or something really bad happens. But that other ship...the freighter. They're not far behind but once we jump everything's going to gun for them."

Behind Kay, neither of the other two former captives said anything for a moment. Eventually, though, the young man mumbled, "I hate this standing around. Damn starships...just give me a good blaster and I'll deal with Imperials just fine."

YT-2000:

By the time you were able to get into the gunner's station, the incoming TIEs were easy to see without any assistance from the computers around you. Sadly, they did you no good as your initial shots went wide. The controls felt a bit loose. Well, that and the TIE pilots were obviously trained to do what they were doing.

Thankfully, they didn't seem to be well trained enough. Outside your turrets viewport, the stars spun, the orange of Yavin dropped in and then out of vision, and then you could see bit of Yavin IV again. Somehow, through Sya's dizzying maneuvers, you caught sight of green bolts of energy streaking harmlessly past.

"That better be evasive enough for you, because this thing can't do much more without falling apart!" Sya's voice echoed down the short corridor and then up to where you sat at the gun turret. From how clearly you could hear her, it was likely that if Kyne was still in the cockpit he was probably deaf after that.

Yeoman

First Post
"Hopefully we can keep them occupied long enough for the droid to get us out of here. How much longer do we need?" The doctor continues to try and aim to bring down another fighter with her cannons.

drothgery

First Post
"Hopefully we can keep them occupied long enough for the droid to get us out of here. How much longer do we need?" The doctor continues to try and aim to bring down another fighter with her cannons.

"Ten seconds." Istara says. "And I've just about got the shields back up to full strength."

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Garret (Human Male Sniper 4)

"Keep it up, Lt." Garret shouts to her amidst his stomach churning from the vertigo instilling flight pattern.

While lining up his next shot he shouts "Kyne, Yuul how are those shields and comms coming?".

When the moment is right he fires upon the Tie Fighters as best he can. If he can take the moment to aim he will, but most like that is not going to be at all possible.

possum

First Post
"I think we should help them," Lia says in regards to those in the YT transport. "I don't want to make the decision on my own, though, so what do you think?"

possum

First Post
"I think it'll be fine," Lia replies to Istara's question. "Hang on, everyone," she announces to everyone, resting her fingers on the controls. "We're going to help the other transport. I'd reccomend hanging on."

With that final phrase, Lia swings the shuttle around, and fires at the nearest TIE fighter, only to watch the shot go wide thanks to her inexperience with vehicular weapons. She curses at this and flies towards the shuttle anyway.

Attack TIE #4 (1d20=6)

Forgot the -5 for non-proficiency, so that really missed.

Combat Info:[sblock]First off, Istara finishes her action and that brings the Vortex's shields back to 25.

Going down posting order to make things easier...so that brings up Viria's attack next. Attack is an 11...no good.

Based on past actions, will assume Deurr also fires at T1. His attack is a 12. Also misses.

So next is Lia moving the ship and then firing and missing T4. Good news for the range modifiers that are really painful here is that 1 and 3 are not at Point Blank range...so no penalties for the moment.

The YT is up now. Sya is again flying defensively, so the +5 Dodge/-5 to attacks again.

Garret's shot against T6 again is this time at Point Blank range...sadly, he gets a 7 so that doesn't hit.

Yuul fires at T6 also. He gets a 16, and we finally get another hit. T6 takes 52 damage. Drops 1 spot on the condition track as well. Kyne finishes recharging the shields from last turn and works on it again...will still take another swift action next turn to finish. Still, 5 shields for the YT rather than none.

End of the round. Due to changes in direction, 2 rounds until Vortex reaches safe jump distance. K2 just needs 1 more round.

TIEs are back up. T1 and 3 attack the Vortex again...both hit. Not only that, but T3 crits. That means T1 deals 29 damage to the ship...and the shields drop by 5. T3 deals 50 damage and drops the ship's shields by another 5 to 15. That brings Vortex's hp down to 41.

T4, 5, and 6 again attack the YT. All 3 miss again.

Vortex is up again...map has changed a bit due you guys turning around.

------------------
------------------
----6Y-------1----
---5-4-------V----
-------------3----
------------------
------------------
------------------[/sblock]

Vortex:

Though the starfighters were swiftly approaching the shuttle, it was not becoming any easier to actually hit them. With little trouble, the two incoming TIEs had no trouble weaving around the quick bursts from both Viria and Deurr's cannons.

It was just a moment later when Lia whipped the shuttle around in a swift, tight maneuver that suddenly brought the whole of Yavin IV into the viewport, along with the incoming form of the YT-2000 and the three TIE Fighters pursuing it. Still, they were a little ways out and against Yavin IV's backdrop, it was hard to clearly make out the ships to fire on without striking the already damaged freighter.

But as Lia's shot went off into nothing, the two nearest TIEs caught up to the maneuver and fired quick bursts of laser fire as they flew in a tight, flanking formation. Seconds after the viewport lit up with bright green flashes of energy, the shuttle shook violently from the starboard side. The shot penetrated the Vortex's shields but thankfully only hit the stabilizer wing rather than anything vital. It was the shot seconds later that caused the most damage, ripping through the port shields and directly striking the shuttle's hull.

The entirety of the ship shook violently, throwing the two captives behind Kay back into the seats within the main hold. K2 was tossed against Istara's chair with a squeal, but he immediately went back to his station to finish up the jump calculations while complaining about pilots. Oddly enough, the previously talkative Duros did nothing but tightly grip the console in front of him and look around worriedly before turning his eyes back to the sensor station.

YT-2000

Sya was still flying in a series of rolls, tight loops that caused the bulkheads to groan, and half-spins that would have been nausea-inducing if not for the inertial compensator. It also made it extremely difficult to aim, though this time you at least managed to fire a bit ahead of a rapidly-passing solar panel.

Through the blur, you could also see green lances of energy as the TIEs failed to hit the freighter, and then another burst of red energy that must have come from below. Yuul's voice echoed up to you, "Hah! Hit one!"

A moment later, the comm unit attached to the targeting system you were using sounded with Kyne's voice, "Working on the shields...but internal comm's are up again!"

Sya then added, "That shuttle's coming back our way. They're taking heavy fire, too...going to see if I can get you boys a shot on them. I can keep us alive, but I don't think that Lambda can maneuver like this hunk of junk can."

Remove ads