Star Wars: Rebels with Style

Yeoman

First Post
"Come on, targeting lock, come on..." The doctor waits for the targeting scanner to signal a lock before firing a shot.

Combat Info[sblock]Okay. Since the first few TIEs are in range, Deurr's going to attack, I believe.

Will just assume he's shooting at 2, dead 'center' behind the shuttle. His attack is a 1 with the range modifier and a bad roll...even a Force Point won't put that over the top to hit the TIE.

I'm assuming that Viria is still holding off on shooting, so the shuttle continues forward at its normal speed. Brings up the YT-2000, and they go All Out Movement to catch up. With some help from a pilot check, they're closing on the TIEs.

That's the end of the round. 5 left for K2 to finish with the coordinates and 4 to get out of the gravity well.

The TIEs move to catch up and then fire. None of them hit, though thanks to range penalties. You guys are up again, and here's the updated map...

----------------------
----------------------
Y-----------61-------
-------------52------V
-------------43-------
----------------------
----------------------
----------------------[/sblock]

With the TIEs closing in, Deurr was able to line up the rear cannons with the approaching ships. However, even with the help of the computer, they were still distant, small ships that were hard to see, sending his attack off in the middle of the fighter formation.

The six TIE Fighters broke up slightly to avoid the shot, but as they came together in a tight formation again, it was easy to see they were gaining on the Vortex. And, finally, they began to fire. Streaks of bright green shot past the cockpit of the shuttle, some close enough to graze the shields, but it was clear the TIE pilots were having troubles of their own hitting the shuttle at such a distance.

At his console, the Duros continued to report on the sensor readings, "It doesn't look like more TIEs...whatever that Star Destroyer has coming after us is too big for that. Its still too far off to see clearly, though."

The story was true to the naked eye, as well. Through the viewport, the wedge-shaped Victory destroyer could be seen slowly moving towards the shuttle's course. And, moving underneath it as a dark shape against Yavin's orange backdrop, was a smaller object that was too hard to make out.

Kay:[sblock]While all of the consoles, switches, and controls aren't exactly like home to you, not everything about them is impossible to understand. Generally, blackness and a few sparks along a section aren't considered good, as far as you know. And one of the panels just over your head looks just that way, with some obvious blaster scoring to complement the rest of it.[/sblock]

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Impossible to hit that far. But do keep them that way! Deurr comments to their pilot while lining up another shot. At least they can't hit either without some serious luck.

OOC: I'll keep firing at the same target again. Once again, if my attack total ends up between 10-15 I'll use FP to enhance it.

Shalimar

First Post
"Someone may want to take a look at this." Kay calls out and points to the sparking panel. "I'm not sure what this panel is for, but if anyone knows how to fix it, it would probably be good. I think someone shot it in the fight."

drothgery

First Post
"Someone may want to take a look at this." Kay calls out and points to the sparking panel. "I'm not sure what this panel is for, but if anyone knows how to fix it, it would probably be good. I think someone shot it in the fight."

"Can you cover sensors while I take a look at this?" Istara asks the Duros, getting up. "I'll see what I can do." She tells Kay.

possum

First Post
"What is that?" Lia wonders as she futily squints to see what has been launched by the Victory-class Star Destroyer. "A Skipray?" she thinks out loud. She continues flying towards freedom, electing to keep from firing due to the range.

Yeoman

First Post
"Come on little fighters, come out and play!" The doctor waits patiently for a fighter to come in range of her guns before opening up with them.

Combat Info:[sblock]All the TIEs are still out in Long range for the weapons, so a -10 to the attacks still.

With that in mind, Deurr's gets a 5 due to that penalty so no Force Point use there.

Will go ahead with Viria's attack, since they're technically still in range. Even with the penalty, she gets a 15, which JUST manages to hit. So shall assume that its T2 in the center taking said damage...which ends up being 50 damage. The DR drops that to 40, but that still beats it massive damage so not only does T2 take 40 damage, but its down one spot on the condition track.

That brings up the YT, which after moving as fast as it can again, is finally in range of the TIEs. And THAT ends the round.

4 rounds left for K2, 3 for safe range to jump.

Brings the TIEs up, which move/shoot again. 1, 2, and 3 all shoot at Vortex. Due to range penalties, all miss again. 4, 5, and 6 turn and head for the YT and shoot that way. 6 and 4 miss, but 5 crits. Disturbingly enough, that means one TIE takes out the YT's shields entirely, drops it one spot on the condition track, and does 71 damage to the freighter.

That brings you guys up again and uh...watch out for wayward 20s.

--------------------
--------------------
--Y----6-----1------
-------5-----2-----V
-------4-----3------
--------------------
--------------------
--------------------[/sblock]

Taking aim again, Deurr's fires off another shot from the shuttle's blaster cannons. Still, the TIEs managed to slip out of the way with little trouble. This, however, ends up putting the center-most of them right in line for Viria, with her shot connecting easily on its right wing panel and almost sending the entire starfighter into a spin before its pilot somehow managed to gain control of the craft.

Seemingly not noticing this damage, the TIE and two others continue forward, firing wildly and causing more green flashes to encompass the viewport before continuing onwards into nothing. The other three TIEs, however, spun around in reaction to the YT-2000's approach from behind, and from a quick glance at the sensors, they were firing and at least one shot connected squarely with the freighter...though there was nothing from the comm.

Within the cockpit, the Duros nodded to Istara as she got up, but instead chose to respond to Lia's words, "I just can't make that thing out...its too far for the sensors to pick up."

But looking closely, Lia was beginning to see its shape as more than just a dot in the sky beneath the wedge of the Star Destroyer. It was almost like a flying box and white against Yavin's orange backdrop...there were few ships that the Empire employed of even that basic description coupled with its size, meaning it was most likely an Imperial Assault Shuttle, commonly used in boarding ships and almost always fully loaded with stormtroopers.

When Istara was able to get a look at the panel above her and Kay, she found it difficult to accurately place exactly what it had been. The blaster bolt it had taken had severely damaged the section, and it still had that smell of burnt electronics and ozone. Despite that, though, with its location compared to other systems and what you could make of what was left, it was likely connected to either the sublight drives or the hyperdrive. The former was working, obviously, and K2 had not reported any problems while he was working on plotting the jump, so there was the distinct possibility it was simply a monitoring system rather than anything vital.

Remove ads