Star Wars: Rebels with Style

Shalimar

First Post
OOC: Viria should be the Copilot since she is the only other person profecient with the weapons. I expect that Istara's R2 is handling the navgation. The only person I don't see a role for is Kay, then again I had center stage earlier.

drothgery

First Post
"K2 should be tying himself into the navcomputer right now." Istara said as she slid into the system operator's chair.

The droid beeped back.
[sblock=binary]
"I'm working on it"
[/sblock]

I meant to be an officer's wife and a businesswoman. Perhaps just maybe to run father's company some day. She thought. I never thought I'd be in the command cabin of a ship under fire myself. Not even when I got involved in the rebellion. Anaxsi rarely send their daughters off to war. But this is something I can do.

Last edited:

Yeoman

First Post
"Alright Lia, show us some fancy piloting tricks while Deurr and I shoot those bastards down. They don't stand a chance against us." Dr. Viria flexes her fingers as she adjusts herself into monitoring sensors and weapon targeting. "These TIE pilots are in for a rude surprise."

Combat Info:[sblock]Consider the Force Point not used. Even without it, the 29 actually increases the shuttle's speed by 2 squares rather than just 1.

For the purposes of keeping this mostly sane, we'll jump into initiative order for the ships. So, we'll go by the ships and consolidate actions that way. Keep it abstract within the shuttle itself in hopes to not slow things down too much. If you guys would prefer individual rolls can do that quick but I feel like it might make things harder to do.

So Lia piloting means we use her for the roll. With size mod for the Vortex factored in, she gets a 17. The TIEs get a 25. The crew back in the YT-2000 gets a 15. So TIEs, Vortex, then the YT-2000.

So...we'll also jump ahead just a bit to keep things moving. By the time the TIEs are within firing range of you, its 7 rounds to get to the point where you can safely make the hyperspace jump. I'll give a very rough little map of how things are looking in relation to ranges. Each spot is a 'square' as it were.

-------T---------V

This is after the TIEs turn All Out Movement, putting them within 10 squares of you guys and JUST within range of laser cannons. The YT is still out of range, but will catch up in another round.

So, hopefully this wasn't too confusing...one last thing is K2. He'll take 1 minute to finishing prepping the jump, which means at the end of the next 7 rounds, when you guys are in position to jump, he'll make his roll to see if you actually make it or not. So...actions then?[/sblock]

Though the ship didn't seem to like Lia's pushing on its engines, giving an slight screech for a moment before fading, the speed boost seemed to be enough to keep the small shuttle away from the advancing TIEs for just a little longer.

A quick glance at the sensors showed the TIEs, though. Six of them, approaching at a much faster speed than the shuttle could hold for long. They would be in range in seconds, able to swarm the shuttle not long after that. And sadly, it looked as if the YT-2000 carrying the others was still just a little too far behind, though the transport was moving faster than it shuold have been able to according to the computer.

Also of note, and arguably more worrying than the TIEs rapidly approaching from behind, was the Imperial fleet. Though it was scattered in a blockade pattern meant to seal the system off from larger traffic, smaller transports could easily find holes. One such hole was on the current course to a safe jump point out of the system. It was a large, open area of space that likely wasn't going to be open for much longer.

Slowly, one of the smaller Victory-class Star Destroyers was moving that direction, obviously in response to your escape route. It was still the best chance, and you still could probably beat the larger ship without getting swatted out of the sky.

Where the two humans you had freed had moved out of the way, finding seats in the main hold and trying not to bother anyway, the Duros was still standing in the hatch to the cockpit. He leaned there, watching over everyone to the viewport and mumbled, "Why can't things like this ever be easy?"

drothgery

First Post
Where the two humans you had freed had moved out of the way, finding seats in the main hold and trying not to bother anyway, the Duros was still standing in the hatch to the cockpit. He leaned there, watching over everyone to the viewport and mumbled, "Why can't things like this ever be easy?"

"We're in rebellion against an tyranical empire that controls most of the galaxy. If somebody told you this was going to be easy, somebody lied." Istara said, not looking up from her sensor plot. Fortunately the shuttle's shields had been raised from liftoff due to taking off in a combat zone, so she didn't have to do something obvious like raising them. With an ease that belied the fact that she had never done anything like this before, she patched the sensor data over to Viria's weapons plot.

[sblock=OOC]
Aid another on Viria's attack roll; Istara can't fail the Use Computer check.
[/sblock]

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
[sblock=OOC]Don't mind if I let you do the math AMG ;)?[/sblock]
The Duros's eyes in his back were bothering Deurr somewhat and he irritatably responds while trying to get a clear shot at the closer TIE. "We're outlaws against a force that should be able to swat us like flies. Now sit down and let me consentrate." He takes a carefull aim with the controls and fires a hail of blaster-fire at the TIE.

[sblock=OOC]If my attack roll is 10-15 I'll use a FP to enhance it.[/sblock]

possum

First Post
"I don't think it works that way..." Lia replies to the Duros. "Now find a seat and get strapped in. It's going to get a little bumpy."

You guys think I should use All Out Movement as well? Of course, then it might make us have to dodge a VicStar while waiting for the coordinates to get in.

Shalimar

First Post
[sblock=OOC:]The star destroyer will get where its going at the same time, regardless of its speed. Just because we are going faster doesn't mean it will arrive in our flight path sooner, actually, getting past its intersection point before it gets there seems to be about our only chance of getting away.[/sblock]

Combat Info:[sblock]Going with the All Out Movement...the YT is doing the same to catch up, which ends the round.

6 rounds left to safe distance/plotted coordinates. Due to All Out Movement being 4x the normal speed, I'm willing to say it shaves off 1 round from the necessary distance to exit the gravity well, as otherwise it doesn't really seem to make sense to even do that. So, 5 rounds until that, but still 6 for K2 to finish plotting the jump.

That brings the TIEs up, and they also go All Out Movement again. However, due to being faster, they actually close the distance a bit more. They're now within 8 squares, and now just barely inside Blaster Cannon range.

------------
------------
--61--------
--52-------V
--43--------
------------
------------
------------

As a note, All Out Movement has a side effect in that the gunners canNOT shoot until the next round. That means this round you can, but if you go that direction again, no attacks until the start of the next round. Also on the note of shooting, the map has changed slightly to show ALL the TIEs, now labeled by number rather than a T for ease of targetting. 1-3 are actually the only ones within Blaster Cannon range, though 4-6 are still inside Laster Cannon range.

Hopefully that's not insanely confusing...but, you guys are up now.[/sblock]

It took a quick diversion of power, but Lia was able to coax even more out of the Vortex's engines. But the shuttle was not nearly as fast as the TIE Fighters, which were actually gaining on them despite the speed. They were within range to fire now, according to the sensor data, but at least Lia seemed to be forcing them to keep up the chase for the most part.

The real problem, though, that distant Victory Star Destroyer, was at least not moving too quickly. Its outer orbit in the system meant that it wasn't in firing range, at least, but its commander seemed determined to simply broadside the shuttle...though, from the looks of things, the Star Destroyer wouldn't be fast enough to get in the way.

A beep from one of the auxiliary consoles was clear above the general hum of both the engines and all the other consoles within the cockpit. Noting the unoccupied station and hearing Lia's remarks, the Duros quickly had a seat and examined the console. An odd sigh escaped him before he reported, "Long range sensors...I think that Star Destroyer is launching a few more friends for us."

Remove ads