Star Wars: Rebels with Style

possum

First Post
Lia continues to fly the shuttle away from the TIEs, keeping a close eye on the droid working on the astrogation data. "How much longer?" she asks.

drothgery

First Post
OOC: Yes, starship crits are evil.

"I'm an economist, not an engineer." The noblewoman says under her breath. "I hope this isn't important. I'm going to see if I can get the shields back up."

OOC: Attempt to recharge shields.

Yeoman

First Post
"Alright, now to finish them off before they return the favor!"

[sblock=OOC]
Continue to try and shoot down the fighters, before we're critted to death. :p
[/sblock]

Combat Info[sblock]First off, you guys are still fine. No hits at all and the shields are in good shape. Its the YT back behind you that took a major hit.

In the interest of moving things along, won't just slow down for changes in possible actions/etc. With that in mind, will assume Deurr also takes another shot this round...but will do Viria's attack on T2 again first. With range penalty still there, Viria gets a 14. BUT, this hits T2 thanks to it dropping down the condition track already. So, T2 takes another 52 damage, and that's more than enough to take it down.

Deurr's shot next...assuming he shoots at T1. Attack is a 2 due to range, so no good there.

Now the YT is up. They fail to recharge the shields, but do manage to reroute power and no longer -1 on the condition track. Their pilot also fails to pass the check for increasing vehicle speed. Not a great round for them.

Another round over. 3 left for K2, 2 for safe range.

TIEs are up. Again, 1 and 3 shoot at your shuttle. They're now JUST within Medium Range for Laser Cannons, so -5 penalty to that weapon's attack now. 1 gets a 3, but 3 gets a 17 and that hits. The attack does 30 damage, but none of it gets through thanks to shield and damage reduction. However, because it beats the shuttle's SR, that drops the rating by 5. Vortex's SR is now down to 20.

4-6 all attack the YT again. 4 misses, but 5 and 6 hit with an 18 and 21 each. T5 does 45 damage, and T6 does 31. That's 147 total damage to the YT. It only has 33hp left.

And you guys are back up.

-------------------
-------------------
--Y-6--------1-----
----5-------------V
----4--------3-----
-------------------
-------------------
-------------------[/sblock]

As the TIEs continue to gain on the shuttle from behind, Duerr and Viria continue to fire back at the smaller starships. But the distance still makes aiming difficult, and Deurr's shot goes wide and off into space again. Viria, however, strikes another hit on the center TIE Fighter, catching its cockpit with the shot and causing it to detonate into a small burst of flame and debris that force its wingmates to maneuver around as they continue their pursuit.

More bursts of green laser fire from the TIEs followed your shuttle, but this time only from one side. A moment later, the ship shuddered slightly as the other TIE's shots broke through the Vortex's shields and struck the rear hull. It didn't seem to do any serious damage, but the shields were obviously weakened and the TIE pilots were starting to learn how to aim.

At Lia's question, K2's domed head spun around and a quick series of beeps and whistles escaped him before the dome turned back to the navicomputer where he was still working.

Binary:[sblock]Less then twenty seconds now. Stop rushing me.[/sblock]

The Duros continued to watch the sensor board in front of him, but was clearly a bit more rattled after the small shot they'd taken. His attention shifted from the console in front of him to the panel above that Istara had moved away from, and mumbled, "I don't like blaster scorched panels...important or not..."

By this point, the two other former captives had gotten up from their seats in the main hold to stand behind Kay, looking out the viewport as best they could and not doing a very good job of holding back the worry from their faces. The woman looked from the crowded cockpit to Kay, "Looks like we were more trouble than we're worth."

Then, suddenly, your personal comlinks clicked and Garret's rushed voice cut in through the static, "We've got a problem here! Shields are out...comm, too! Yuul and Kyne are already headed for the escape pod and I'm trying to convince our pilot friend to do the same! Any chance you guys can pick us up? This thing probably isn't going to hold on long enough to make the jump."

Muffled through Garret's voice, another could be heard arguing about something. It was too quite to make out the details, but someone had clearly taken offense at being subtly called stubborn. After Garret had finished, though, the voice picked up in volume enough to hear it was female, and definitely angry, "Don't listen to him, this thing'll hold!"

Shalimar

First Post
Kay looks at the woman and shrugs. "It wasn't getting you out that was the problem. The pilots would have been able to get off a warning regardless. Hopefully we will also be able to get some information out of that Colonel that was interrogating you."

"Hey, can we go back for them or would that screw up he computations?"

Garret:

Things were not going so well for the YT-2000. Three of the six TIEs pursuing the others in the Lambda shuttle had, at first, not seemed like a problem at all. You were already in the upper gunner's position by that point, but that didn't last long. One of the TIE's got a lucky shot through the shields that hit the generator, taking them out entirely and doing a great deal of damage to the freighter.

The others had yelled at you over the comm to get back to the cockpit and help with repairs, but by the time you arrived the TIEs were even closer and firing again. Two of them managed to hit again, and without the shields to protect the ship, things got even worse. After everyone was tossed around from the impacts of the shots, the damage was easy to asses: The comm was out, shields were going to take too long to bring back online, and the sublight drives had taken a hit...though they were somehow still operating.

At that point, a practical decision had been made. From the damage to the ship, one more good hit would leave it dead in space, or worse. There was, however, a single escape pod that could hold all four of you even if it was a bit cramped. But when Yuul and Kyne retreated from the cockpit to head that way, Sya did not move, instead taking the pilot's chair and grumbling some curses under her breath.

After you had switched off your personal comm to the others in the Lambda, she glanced over her shoulder at you, "That escape pod is more of a death sentence than pushing on in this hunk of durasteel. If I'm going to die, it sure as hell isn't going to be in one of those things. I'll at least try to out fly these Imperial bastards. Getting shot down once today is more than enough. So you run to that escape pod if you want, but you three will be on your damned own. But if you want to be helpful then get back to that gunner's station and shoot at those TIEs!"

OOC:[sblock]...should be a safe jumping-back-in point now. Will run your actions just like everyone else's in ship-Initiative order. That's the TIEs, the Lambda, and then the YT.[/sblock]

drothgery

First Post
"K2 says he'll be done in less than twenty seconds."

I know I'm missing something on that panel. But stay alive, first. Istara thinks. With the cool confidence she'd used, she set to work.

[sblock=OOC]
Standard action to spend a Force Point to activate Fool's Luck for a +5 bonus to skills until the end of the encounter, and then take the first two of the three swift actions to recharge the shuttle's shields.

Mechanics check to recharge shields. (1d20+16=25) success, but since it needs 3 swift actions, won't be done until next round.
[/sblock]

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Garret (Human Male Sniper 4)

Garret shakes his head thinkg to himself "Perhaps she would have learned her lesson the first time she was shot down."

Looking to Sya, he grumbles, and then looks back to Kyne and Yuul saying "Lets give 'er a go. Heroes do not go quietly into oblivion."

"Evasive maneuvers Sya. Let see if we can get the shields and comms up fellas..." he says with a slight hesitant air of command.

The Sniper then trotts to gunners mount and lines one up for a shot hoping that his elite marksmen training will come in handy with such an ungainly and unsophisticated a weapon. He gulps and then fires....

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Deurr curses in his native language for his inaptitude to hit but continues to fire at the closest target. He is a bit impressed by the human's ability to take out one though.

Remove ads