• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars Saga

pawsplay

Hero
Crothian said:
According to the Rodney Thompson "Move object can only be used on unattended objects, not held items. If something is held, it must be disarmed."

So, I'll be going by that. :cool:

So if Luke had leaned on the X-wing, Yoda wouldn't be making cracks about size, right?

Nifft

Penguin Herder
pawsplay said:
So if Luke had leaned on the X-wing, Yoda wouldn't be making cracks about size, right?
This is actually why teenagers lean on their cars.

It's because SOMEONE in school usually develops psychic powers, and they don't want their car to be shoved on top of a flagpole.

Cheers, -- N

Crothian said:
When do we get more books? I know Starships come out in December but wasn't there some campaign type book due out some time around now?
That was supposed to be Force Unleashed era guide, but that got pushed back until March because the game itself got pushed back (blasted multimedia tie-in events).

Not much else has been officially announced in terms of sourcebooks, although as Owen has stated Amazon has several listings for various Saga Edition products such as the SW equivalent to Dungeon Tiles (Galaxy Tiles) and a GM screen package.

Henry

Autoexreginated
HeapThaumaturgist said:
Healing is pretty poor, as well. You get a bucket of HP at first level, but no way beyond rest to recoup any but a few of those HP. Additionally, with Skill Focus and Trained early on, about 2nd level or so, it actually is better to use First Aid on an injured teammate with a low Con than Surgery, since capping out and adding points to the First Aid roll is easy while Surgery does always run the risk of death.

My Ithorian has the Vital Transfer power and first use I rolled the maximum result ... character with 32hp, down to 2hp, and my maxed out Vital Transfer gave him, oooo, 8hp. Not exactly D&D healing, which is fine, but after any significant combat we have to rest for a long time before we're ready for battle, since weapons do so much damage, characters have so many hit points, but there are no means by which to recover them.

I'll give you that at first level, healing when low on hit points in a time-crunch situation can be daunting. However, after first level, things get REALLY fast for healing, to the point that by 5th level, even without a Jedi, a good treat injury healer in the party can fix a group up quickly, assuming they aren't denied their equipment.

Why not use the vital transfer to heal him back up to full, then use force trance on yourself to heal up? You can use vital transfer once per minute for the healing, and even at first level you're healing a minimum of 3 to 4 hp per minute, with taking 10. Then, when you've fixed him up, use force trance for a few hours to get back up to full hit points yourself.

If there are two Jedi in a party, you can have a party of four healed up to full within the same day after about 2nd level or so.

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
One thing I find odd is spending force points to get rid of dark side points. When one levels they lose any unspent force points so there seems to be no reason not to use those force points to negate dark side points before one levels.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Crothian said:
One thing I find odd is spending force points to get rid of dark side points. When one levels they lose any unspent force points so there seems to be no reason not to use those force points to negate dark side points before one levels.

What's more it can be done as a free action :) meaning you can do it anytime you want, despite claims that it should be done after "quiet reflection."

One house rule I DID add to Saga Edition was that you could only remove 1 DSP per level with your force points; this allows for one minor transgression per level without the whole "I will chuck force lighting 5 times this game and just drop 'em at the end."

nerfherder

Explorer
HeapThaumaturgist said:
Grenade Rules seem ... odd. We weren't sure how they worked, exactly, as the GM was attempting to use them on us. He seemed to think that he would end up with a -10 to get it into a square across a mid-sized room.
Grenades always go to the square (actually the intersection of 4 squares that you aim for) - the -10 for range (11-12 squares) would be applied to the attack roll which is then compared to the target's Reflex Defence. If the attack roll is greater than or equal to Ref defence, then the target takes full damage; if the attack roll is less than the Ref defence, then the target takes half damage - unless they have the Evasion talent, or are behind cover.

Crothian

First Post
Ships seem to be stated up a lot like characters. That's neat and odd. :D My group is now looking to buy a used ship and I've learned that wookiepedia is an evil, evil site. There is just way too much out there I'm not familiar with and that wouldn't be a bad thing if the information was a little more solid. I know the source material is vague so the entries are written the same way but it makes it tough to determine what is and is not going to be available in a slightly earlier time period.

Crothian said:
Ships seem to be stated up a lot like characters. That's neat and odd. :D My group is now looking to buy a used ship and I've learned that wookiepedia is an evil, evil site. There is just way too much out there I'm not familiar with and that wouldn't be a bad thing if the information was a little more solid. I know the source material is vague so the entries are written the same way but it makes it tough to determine what is and is not going to be available in a slightly earlier time period.
When in doubt, YT-1300 or Ghtroc 720, both of which have been around for quite some time (provided your campaign doesn't take place dozens of decades or more before the Prequels).

SWRPGNetwork Conversions has a good-sized list of light freighters that were converted from d6 to pre-Saga d20.

Skywalker

Adventurer
nerfherder said:
Grenades always go to the square (actually the intersection of 4 squares that you aim for) - the -10 for range (11-12 squares) would be applied to the attack roll which is then compared to the target's Reflex Defence. If the attack roll is greater than or equal to Ref defence, then the target takes full damage; if the attack roll is less than the Ref defence, then the target takes half damage - unless they have the Evasion talent, or are behind cover.

- or the attack result is less than 10, then the grenade even fails to make it to the square. If you get a -10 to range, that means to get any result you need to roll an attack result of 20, before range penalty.

Remove ads