• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars Spoilers Thread [Spoilers]

So here's my review: 100% a Star Wars film which belongs with the original trilogy. It's a transitional film, but it does it well. The new generation is really good. I think the major death was kinda signposted a bit. You knew it was coming long before it happened. I felt worse for Chewie, but he, Rey, and BB8 make a great team. Is this the first Star Wars film where nobody gets their...

So here's my review: 100% a Star Wars film which belongs with the original trilogy.

It's a transitional film, but it does it well. The new generation is really good.

I think the major death was kinda signposted a bit. You knew it was coming long before it happened. I felt worse for Chewie, but he, Rey, and BB8 make a great team.

Is this the first Star Wars film where nobody gets their hand cut off?

Luke lives in Ireland, eh?

Question: WHY was there a map to Luke, and why was it split into two? I feel like I missed something. For that matter, why a map and not just some coordinates? Seems like a random puzzle set up for the sake of it.
ebdc7e9da0a98a020498d701b47512ef.jpg

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Nah, they definitely set it up for there to be a romance. It's possible there won't be one, but they clearly established Finn as being interested, and there are multiple points between them where chemistry indicates possible future romance.

If there was any hint of romance, Finn and Poe get the nod there, not Finn and Rey.

He started off trying to be awkwardly chivalrous, sure. That was just a thing about him, and a convenient plot device to illustrate Rey's independence. There's no hint of romance there.

ZzarkLinux

First Post
it's not self-contained. It's not tight.

Just posting my agreement :) I think casual fans were expecting a more tighter focus. But they added more content, and some fans understand it better than us; C'est la vie

I wonder how many other fan sites are having this same discussion ?:-c

Merry Christmas all

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
If there was any hint of romance, Finn and Poe get the nod there, not Finn and Rey.

He started off trying to be awkwardly chivalrous, sure. That was just a thing about him, and a convenient plot device to illustrate Rey's independence. There's no hint of romance there.
Yeah, you're missing it somehow, but it's definitely there.
Also, disagree about Finn's "chivalry". He has a strong sense of empathy, and a will to help people. Chivalry assumes weakness on the part of women, which he never does.

Please see my first post.

Yeah, I read it. You don't actually do anything other than state that her motivations aren't clear, and some fan theory stuff about her having been one of Luke's apprentices, which would make no sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

GobiWon

Explorer
Max Von Sydow. Certainly one of Christopher Lee's contemporaries. He was Ming the Merciless and Blofeld. You've probably seen him in loads of things.

His character name in this film is Lor San Tekka.

I think we will see a young version of Lor San Tekka in the Rogue One movie played by Mads Mikkelsen.

Orlax

First Post

Dude, how do you even miss the Finn Rey connection. They've both imprinted on each other hard. Finn explained his, and he just wanted to run away with Rey, and as far as Rey is concerned Finn is the first person to actually come back for her. Rey has massive abandonment issues and Finn is the first one to not abandon her, and to actively strive to return to her.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Dude, how do you even miss the Finn Rey connection. They've both imprinted on each other hard. Finn explained his, and he just wanted to run away with Rey, and as far as Rey is concerned Finn is the first person to actually come back for her. Rey has massive abandonment issues and Finn is the first one to not abandon her, and to actively strive to return to her.

I didn't miss the Finn and Rey connection. I said it wasn't romantic.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
One man's "you're missing it" is another man's "you're projecting". Not all chemistry is romantic. :)

Can be. Not in this case. He awkwardly flirts with her on the Falcon, and asks if she has a "boyfriend? A cute boyfriend?" using body language that is classic "character hoping the other character has no cute boyfriend". It's almost hokey in how obvious it is.
Their chemistry could be friendly or romantic, but unless they are going to go the Finn/Poe route, I doubt they're going to waste that good chemistry between the male and female lead. Like I said upthread, the romance angle isn't forced at all (as someone claimed), but it definitely exists.

Now Finn and Poe - I can see that. They even wear each other's clothes.

I wish. I like their excited space bros thing, and it would be rad if they touched butts, but...I just don't see the people running the show taking that "risk".
But maybe they will surprise me.

Orlax

First Post
Can be. Not in this case. He awkwardly flirts with her on the Falcon, and asks if she has a "boyfriend? A cute boyfriend?" using body language that is classic "character hoping the other character has no cute boyfriend". It's almost hokey in how obvious it is.
Their chemistry could be friendly or romantic, but unless they are going to go the Finn/Poe route, I doubt they're going to waste that good chemistry between the male and female lead. Like I said upthread, the romance angle isn't forced at all (as someone claimed), but it definitely exists.

I wish. I like their excited space bros thing, and it would be rad if they touched butts, but...I just don't see the people running the show taking that "risk".
But maybe they will surprise me.

This, all of it.

Also they might just leave romance out of it entirely, three friends that need no romantic entanglements, more familial love than romantic love.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads