• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars Story Hours/GM Journals

pjrake

Explorer
Great Job!

DnDChick said:
Below is a link to my Star Wars Gm journal. If you have one, post it here too! We can borrow ideas from each others games. :)

Post 'em if ya got 'em! :)

Good job! I have a friend who's running a Star Wars game and just forwarded the link to him.

I'm running a Mutants & Masterminds game and this is the Adventure Log. Not as detailed as yours, but it's a good way of keeping track of the games' history.

http://www.geocities.com/nitchband/index.html

For the next GM Notes I will try to write it in a while that it sounds more like a novel, with player's quotes and stuff. Thanks again for the inspiration!

PJ

pjrake

Explorer
DnDChick said:
Thanks for the compliments!

I've been running and playing RPGs for a long time (20+ years), and most of the time I run "off the cuff," so I have a lot of experience coming up with ideas even as the game is going on. It's my preferred style, really, and even when I do run something from a published adventure I usually go off on tangents or find ways to weave other sub-plots into the story that apply to my campaign and have little to do with the original adventure.

Because I go off on tangents and make up the plots even as the game is going on, I *have* to write down my session journals like this so I can keep all of my subplots straight. It also helps me come up with new plot twists. For example ... the group didn't bother investigating the rest of the mine, but Jakk Torkaw was still down there waiting for them. He sensed the two padawans, and is now trying to find them. In short, the group has a "recurring villain" they don't even know about yet. :)

It'll be great to see your pre-session notes to the actual GM notes/journal you posted, just as a reference. This will give all of us little GM inspiration and ideas. Thanks for sharing!

PJ

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
pjrake said:
It'll be great to see your pre-session notes to the actual GM notes/journal you posted, just as a reference. This will give all of us little GM inspiration and ideas. Thanks for sharing!

PJ

Thanks! The whole thing about Renci Tosh being Force-Sensitive came about as a result of Sam's player being curious. He wanted to try to use the Sense feat to see if Renci was a Jedi (i.e. Force-Sensitive), and I thought at the spur of the moment that it would be an interesting plot point and had good roleplaying potential if she was.

So, thanks to him, I decided that yes, she is Force-Sensitive. One player's curiosity has added a whole new dimension to a "throwaway" NPC in a one-off adventure, and given me a potential returning character that could add depth to the campaign as a whole.

Come to think of it ... I really need to include what I said there in the journal. That is definately worthy of mentioning in my parenthetical "GMs notes."

Edit: Done! :)

Last edited:

Good stuff! Always great to see more Star Wars story hours/game write ups.

See my sig for mine. Daily updates(usually) and people seem to enjoy it well enough. :)

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
OoooOoOoooo! Yours has sound! :cool:

I need to figure out how to do that some day. :)

Haven't had a chance to read it all yet, but I will later on today.

Vexed

First Post
DnDChick said:
OoooOoOoooo! Yours has sound! :cool:

I need to figure out how to do that some day. :)

Haven't had a chance to read it all yet, but I will later on today.

------------

Cool! : ) the next session (episode) should be up Wednesday. And introduces the rest of the charaters.

Last edited:

Vexed

First Post
DnDChick said:
Thanks! The whole thing about Renci Tosh being Force-Sensitive came about as a result of Sam's player being curious. He wanted to try to use the Sense feat to see if Renci was a Jedi (i.e. Force-Sensitive), and I thought at the spur of the moment that it would be an interesting plot point and had good roleplaying potential if she was.

So, thanks to him, I decided that yes, she is Force-Sensitive. One player's curiosity has added a whole new dimension to a "throwaway" NPC in a one-off adventure, and given me a potential returning character that could add depth to the campaign as a whole.

Come to think of it ... I really need to include what I said there in the journal. That is definately worthy of mentioning in my parenthetical "GMs notes."

Edit: Done! :)

just read your second log; great stuff! I laughed about the issue with the PC's "camping out" in my second session (yet to be put in my journal) my own group was forced into a similar scenario... (evil laugh)

I had the same discussion with some players regarding the "Fear" skill, and i was thinking it should have a Will save as well. A player used the Illusion skill several times in our first game, and I have to admit, i found it a bit powerful as well. I need more time to see it in action...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads