• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars: Was the “other Skywalker” Yoda spoke of really Leia?

Hriston

Dungeon Master of Middle-earth (he/him)
It would be kinda hard for him to be wrong. If you see a movie, it's pretty apparent what affects the plot and what doesn't. However, piling on to what you have been told, I saw the movie and her force powers do affect the story.
Great! Can’t wait to find out how.

Hriston

How do you propose one of the most recognizable people in the entire galaxy act covertly?
She could wear a disguise like she did at Jabba’s palace. I also seem to remember Padme doing this in The Clone Wars, so there’s a precedent for this in political figures.

Nebulous

Legend
But the quote from "Return of the Jedi" on Yoda's deathbed was:
Yoda: "Pass on what you have learned. There is another … Sky … walk … er."

Then the immediate next scene is Obi-Wan telling Luke about his twin sister, Leia. Yoda's dialogue was to set up Leia as Luke's sister, "the other Skywalker."

So, yes, it's pretty clear to me that "the other Skywalker" is Leia.

Yes, I think it was Leia. Lucas wasn't forward thinking about other descendants or grandchildren of Palpatine.

How do you propose one of the most recognizable people in the entire galaxy act covertly?
Thats basically a perfect description of palpatines MO. Clearly it can be done. Last person to do it was a famous senator who became emperor all the while covertly manipulating the galaxy as a rule of two sith.

Last edited:

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
The movie "Dave" used a comic twist to answer that: find a body double and have him hang out where cameras / microphones can see him.
In the case of Star Wars, Leia could pre-program C-3PO to take care of her official functions and draw attention, while she quietly goes off to do what needs done.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Sooner or later, someone would see her face, facial recognition software would pick her up, DNA evidence would show up, or something else would happen to give her away. Palpatine didn't run around being active like you guys are proposing that Leia would. He was behind the scenes manipulating, which is very different.

Hriston

Sooner or later, someone would see her face, facial recognition software would pick her up, DNA evidence would show up, or something else would happen to give her away. Palpatine didn't run around being active like you guys are proposing that Leia would. He was behind the scenes manipulating, which is very different.
“Behind the scenes” is synonymous with covertly, which is the word I used. I don’t think anyone is saying she wouldn’t have to be careful not to reveal her identity to her political opponents, but I think it’s in keeping with Star Wars tropes and Leia’s character in particular that wearing a helmet (or a hood) can do just that. I just don’t think it’s a problem that can’t be written around and would prevent her from using the Force in a way that’s important to the plot, although a late reveal of her power (again as with Sidious in Episode VI) would seem appropriate.

Last edited:

Remove ads