• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars: Was the “other Skywalker” Yoda spoke of really Leia?

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Yoda is talking about anakin. Pure and simple.

And guess what? Anakin is the one that saved the day because luke couldnt take the emperor down.

He is probably the skywalker yoda meant. And if yoda meant any other skywalker then he was wrong (wouldnt be the first time)
Yoda was not talking about Anakin. Yoda said more than once that once down the path to the dark side, FOREVER will it dominate your destiny. He did not believe it possible for Anakin to come back to the light, and so he would not have spoken as if Vader was another Skywalker to pin hopes on.

Yoda was not talking about Anakin. Yoda said more than once that once down the path to the dark side, FOREVER will it dominate your destiny. He did not believe it possible for Anakin to come back to the light, and so he would not have spoken as if Vader was another Skywalker to pin hopes on.
Nah, forever doesn't mean forever because only the Sith deal in absolutes.
:p

Hriston

Dungeon Master of Middle-earth (He/him)
Because she chose not to. She had other things to do with her life.

Certainly not. For one thing, Yoda was dead by then, and Force Ghost or not, I doubt Luke had any illusions that he was going to be training Leia from beyond the grave.

No, Luke simply meant that the strength and special capabilities Leia saw in him were also in her, and that he was confident that the Rebels wouldn't need his help in order to complete their mission, because they'd still have Leia with them. He's not treating her as a backup in that scene, he's saying that he himself is the redundant one in that scenario - they can complete the Shield Generator mission without him, so it's okay that he has to leave in order to confront and redeem Vader.
You mean the writers chose that she had other things to do with her life. Leia can do what she wants, but she isn’t a real person and isn’t responsible for the decisions I’m talking about in this thread.

Of course, I forgot that Yoda was dead at that point, which underscores that Luke needs to stay alive. How else can he pass on what he has learned?

And I think that’s a beautiful interpretation of the scene between Luke and Leia, and I have no doubt that all that subtext is present, but it says virtually nothing about how she is another hope of defeating Vader and Sidious. Blowing up the second Death Star won’t accomplish that because they could evacuate easily.

Hriston

Dungeon Master of Middle-earth (He/him)
But...

Maybe watch the movie before telling us all what doesn't happen in it?
Look, I said I might be missing something (which you’ve edited out here). The statements I’ve read about Episode IX don’t indicate to me that Leia’s Force capabilities figure prominently in the resolution of the plot or that it’s revealed that she indeed became a Force user on the order of a Luke Skywalker. I’ll keep an open mind until I see it, however.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
This interests me and has convinced me that I should watch the movie.
Look at the spoilers I put behind the spoiler button waaay up above. She Jedis up.

Though if that’s the only reason to watch the movie, it might not be worth it.

Ah. I thought with his dying breath he was deliriously saying anakin (because with the prophecy it makes the most sense)

But yeah. Forgot that he was basically centered around that quote. And he kinda was.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Ah. I thought with his dying breath he was deliriously saying anakin (because with the prophecy it makes the most sense)

But yeah. Forgot that he was basically centered around that quote. And he kinda was.
The prophecy was fulfilled before A New Hope. After Anakin became Vader, he hunted down all the Jedi but Obi-Wan and Yoda. Two Jedi and two Sith. Nice and balanced there. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads