• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars: Was the “other Skywalker” Yoda spoke of really Leia?

It was also quiet in the new canon. She got outted as Vader's daughter as a political hit job in the new one.

That's actually a smart move on part of their opponents.

The Sith being public knowledge wasn't really known about but a line in the movie references it.
Apparently be Palpatine broadcast the Sith thing in Minecraft.

After discovering this message (on this forum) I listened to the broadcast. Frankly, your average galactic citizen who can't really understand the reference.

He might recognize the Emperor's voice (even if we don't know if he was fond of public appearances, news anchor would certainly comment the broadcast and ask an expert who would identify him, reminding the younger audiences about that Emperor 25 years ago). I am not joking, if suddenly your TV broadcasted the voice of Jimmy Carter, would you identify him immediately (provided you're a US resident... chances are most citizen of the Galactic Empire were more concerned with local rulership and the broadcast would be as obscure as an American hearing the voice of Javier Perez de Cuellar. Not sure if it would sound immediately recognizable...

Anyway, so someone identified as the late Emperor by reliable sources says to the universe:

Late Sheev Palpatine former Emperor of the Galaxy former Senator of Naboo said:
At last the work of generations is complete. The great error is corrected. The day of victory is at hand. The day of revenge. The day of the Sith.

Jedis would know about the Sith being back, but they'd know even without Palpatine mentioning it, since the Jedi knew that he's a Sith Lord. Most galactic citizen... they'd fear the revenge of their former Emperor, hope to get a good place in the new administration of the galaxy if they are members of the First Order, learn that some error has been corrected (maybe they fired their former safety engineer and started to build waist-high railings around the bottomless pits featured in their Supreme Leaders' thronerooms?) and that the day of revenge will come. Then, a strange phrase about the day of the scythe, certainly alluding that the revenge would be deadly. And that the Emperor has a strange way of pronouncing scythe. He must be saying tomahto as well. But I am not sure the sybillline broadcast would make the Sith "public knowledge". The Jedi removed knowledge of them for thousands of years and Palpatine stuck to the rule of two during his time as an Emperor... even some of the OT generals didn't think force power existed (despite having certainly lived and been a junior officer during the last day of the republic...)

Zardnaar

Legend
That's actually a smart move on part of their opponents.

After discovering this message (on this forum) I listened to the broadcast. Frankly, your average galactic citizen who can't really understand the reference.

He might recognize the Emperor's voice (even if we don't know if he was fond of public appearances, news anchor would certainly comment the broadcast and ask an expert who would identify him, reminding the younger audiences about that Emperor 25 years ago). I am not joking, if suddenly your TV broadcasted the voice of Jimmy Carter, would you identify him immediately (provided you're a US resident... chances are most citizen of the Galactic Empire were more concerned with local rulership and the broadcast would be as obscure as an American hearing the voice of Javier Perez de Cuellar. Not sure if it would sound immediately recognizable...

Anyway, so someone identified as the late Emperor by reliable sources says to the universe:

Jedis would know about the Sith being back, but they'd know even without Palpatine mentioning it, since the Jedi knew that he's a Sith Lord. Most galactic citizen... they'd fear the revenge of their former Emperor, hope to get a good place in the new administration of the galaxy if they are members of the First Order, learn that some error has been corrected (maybe they fired their former safety engineer and started to build waist-high railings around the bottomless pits featured in their Supreme Leaders' thronerooms?) and that the day of revenge will come. Then, a strange phrase about the day of the scythe, certainly alluding that the revenge would be deadly. And that the Emperor has a strange way of pronouncing scythe. He must be saying tomahto as well. But I am not sure the sybillline broadcast would make the Sith "public knowledge". The Jedi removed knowledge of them for thousands of years and Palpatine stequivalentthe rule of two during his time as an Emperor... even some of the OT generals didn't think force power existed (despite having certainly lived and been a junior officer during the last day of the republic...)

An equivalent would be someone using the voice of Reagan/Thatcher referencing the Knights Templar or organization of the Byzantine empire.

Even the Jedi didn't know he was Sith apart from Obi Wan and Yoda.
Other Jedi survivors wouldn't know but would likely suspect or work it out I suppose.

It would depend on how many got told once Anakin informed the council.

What happened on DSII wasn't public knowledge in legends and in New canon the Skywalker lineage wasn't public either until a few years before TFA. It's why Leia's the resistance leader not a member of the NR.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Not that clear, it does look like flying. Plus she's also surviving in space.

Neither one is to far out of left field for Jedi powers, I thought the CGI looked bad. OT trilogy the Jedi were better than average could do impossible things.

ST they've kinda turned them into superheroes. If you prefer superheroes that's fine but it's very key difference IMHO.
The prequels and CLone Wars cartoon have higher power level. The OT Luke jumps like 30 feet on bespin and Yoda lifts a multi-ton spaceship out of a swamp.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
🙄

Pushing off something to float toward another thing in space isn’t flight, nor is pulling yourself toward your goal and floating the rest of the way.
You've just described all flying. Birds push of air to float towards their goal. Rockets and planes use chemical pushes to float towards their goal. Leia used the force to push her through space to float towards hers.

Zardnaar

Legend
What Leia's doing with the force is irrelevant IMHO. It's the visuals and it's a bit groan worthy.

The main problem is similar to the old novels. Each new director wants to one up the previous. They think it elevated their characters but tends to have the opposite effect.

It's a chase scene, Leia can pull herself through space and catch up with the galaxy slowest cruiser.

In a few months I don't think anyone will care about the new characters that much despite having better actors relative to the OT ones at the start of their careers.

That's on the writers though.

Yoda is talking about anakin. Pure and simple.

And guess what? Anakin is the one that saved the day because luke couldnt take the emperor down.

He is probably the skywalker yoda meant. And if yoda meant any other skywalker then he was wrong (wouldnt be the first time)

Obi-Wan clearly thought so, but was he right?

Leia’s strength in the Force never really plays the part in the story that would be suggested by all that foreshadowing.

Could Yoda have been talking about Ben Solo, Obi-Wan having guessed partly right in that it was Leia’s legacy?

Was he talking about Anakin, sharing Luke’s hope that there was still some good in his father?

Was he talking about Rey?

I’ve been thinking about loose threads left by Episodes I - VI, and this seems like a big one.

With all the gravity given Yoda’s revelation in Episodes V and VI, it seems like the sequel trilogy should have been mostly concerned with Leia and/or her legacy. Was it?
If he wasnt talking about anakin then he was wrong. As yoda makes a habit of being. At least in the movies.

Remove ads